Stand

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kelly

MHT Supporter
MHT Supporter
Reaction score
How do you store your cart? Do you store it with shafts up in the air or on a cart stand? I keep mine on a cart stand when not in use, but then I saw somewhere that you shouldn’t store it with the shafts on the ground. That got me thinking, would the cart stand be similar as to leaving the shafts on the ground? IDK? Is it ok that I keep mine on a cart stand? What do you do?

My understanding is that it's OK to have it on a stand if the stand is close to the front of the cart. The problem with storing it on its shafts is that over time it can bend the shafts out of shape. I store mine with the shafts up, or removed (it's a Hyperbike).

I think it would depend on the stand - it seems like many of them can be placed anywhere along the shafts, so if you place it close to the cart itself, near the base of the shafts, then it would be fine. The further towards the ends of the shafts it is and the heavier the cart, the more force will be on the shafts and the more like storing it shafts-down it would be. But I'm guessing this is much less of a big deal with mini-sized carts since the weight is so much less than with a bigger horse-sized cart.

Latest posts

Back