Stallion learning to tie up

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

countrymini

Reaction score
My stallion I just purchased is 3 but has been spoilt rotten by his previous mummy which isn't too much of a problem except he doesn't behave or stand still whilst tied up. Seeing as that makes a few more things difficult we decided it was time he learnt that pulling and tugging wasn't going to work.

DSCF8184.JPG

DSCF8192.JPG

DSCF8193.JPG

"OK, I'LL BE GOOD, LET ME OFF!!!!"

DSCF8194.JPG

So cute
default_wub.png

You are lucky, I think, that he hasn't been really serious about pulling back or trying to get free, because if he were your round pen would be gone. LOL If I've got a horse that is fussy about being tied I only tie him to a post that is well anchored in the ground.

You are lucky, I think, that he hasn't been really serious about pulling back or trying to get free, because if he were your round pen would be gone. LOL If I've got a horse that is fussy about being tied I only tie him to a post that is well anchored in the ground.
haha, yeah, that was my hubby's idea, i didn't think it'd work because the pen is light, just lucky little matey didn't figure it out lol

Yes, it is dangerous to tie them to something they can move- and then the real wreck happens. He will get the hang of it quickly and it will become 'old hat' after a while. I think when he is in shape and clipped up and all, you will be pleasantly surprized at what you have under all the fuzz.

Latest posts

Back