stall signs

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yellerroseintx

Reaction score
Thought I would share my idea for stall signs......they are grouted and have a weatherproof finish...

stallsign.jpg

barn.jpg

Those are lovely! Tell us in detail how you made them....please. Mary

yellerroseintx said:
Thought I would share my idea for  stall signs......they are grouted and have a weatherproof finish...
stallsign.jpg

barn.jpg

424792[/snapback]

VERY CLASSY!!!! You could even make signs like that with people's farm name on it.

MA

Holy moley Kathye!!!!
biggrin.gif
First an artist extraorinairre, now a crafter. What are you going to do for an anchor????
aktion033.gif
aktion033.gif
aktion033.gif

Please tell us how you made them! I'm sure I couldn't get past the frame but I have tons and tons of stone look tiles here.

ok..y'all gonna love this...soooo easy, well, sorta easy....I will share my secret ...I use cabinet doors... they come in just about any size ... have a ready made frame and lovely wood grain, ...yee haw!***** Marty....wish I were close enough..would be sooo happy to take some of those tiles off your hands.
yes.gif

Kathye, another take off of that could be using smashed pool tiles or stained glass.

You could try using marbles or fish tank gravels......some are very beautiful and look like "flat" marbles.

OK back to the frame, where did you find the cabinets? Did you buy them new? Or is this just a frame with something else for the backing?

I am confused (always)
wacko.gif
as to how you were able to lay your materials down and grout, with them being "flat" and not coming out thicker than the frame itself.

That is just BEAUTIFUL!!! What a wonderful craft idea!!!

How did you do up the name? Looks like it's a rectangular brick...or is that what you consider grout? (Please pardon the dumb question!
wacko.gif
) Is the name painted on with stencils...I can't tell?

[SIZE=21pt]Fabulous!!!!![/SIZE]

Lyn[/size]

Wanna come build a barn for me????
laugh.gif

I LOVE the signs!! Details, please - so you use cabinet doors - what material are you using for the stone finish look? What are you using for the engraving?

Good job!!!
aktion033.gif

Man I wish you guys would quit with the "good ideas" I'm getting tired. It looks like the letters are done with paint, is that right? I have a bunch of broken terra cotta pots I maybe able to recycle now. Thanks for the idea.

aaahhhh jeee.
wub.gif
...y'all are TOO kind! Thank you for the nice response on my idea, glad you like them. The name tile is just a regular run of the mill sandstone floor tile..the skys the limit what kind to use. Here are a feww more ideas and stall plates in the next thread..I found the mexican tiles that are on my coffe table at a garage sale for $1.00 wish I could find more of them they are so pretty

coffetablemexicantile.jpg

littletablemexican.jpg

baybstallplate.jpg

I am totally IMPRESSED!!!!!

So I'm with Lauralee..........where do I send the check
biggrin.gif

You do beautiful work. Do you plan to sell some day?

Charlotte

Very cool.
aktion033.gif
I am close enough to come look at yours, may have to do that! I would love to have a farm sign for my new barn.

Jan

WOW! That's a great idea! We are putting up a new barn now, and that gives me some great thoughts on how to make our stuff unique. One question - what doe you use to waterproof? You definitely wouldn't want it to get weather beaten or faded, and being in Illinois, that would happen here.

The coffee table and other decorations are great looking too. You could set up a booth at Nationals and rake in a fortune!!

Great Job!
aktion033.gif
aktion033.gif

Those are just amazing. THIS is definitely a marketable idea. Just think of the new horses you could buy!

Latest posts

Back