stall hay feeders

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GlacierRidge

Reaction score
Our mini donkey foal is urinating all over mom's hay....no matter where in teh stall I place it. (on the floor) I have seen some pretty creative ideas for safe hay feeders on here in the past, but can't seem to find them now that I'm looking (and the search feature won't accept three letter words, so hay is out!) so I'm wondering if I could get some ideas on something that would be easy for us to put together?

I have hay bags, but the thought of baby getting tangled up in that makes me nervous....so I don't want to go that route. What do you use for hay feeders for your minis? I'd prefer something I didn't have to bolt into the wall... it would be temporary, as I have a couple feeders I plan to order, and wishing I'd have done it before now!

Thanks for any input!

Angie

I found these over the fence feeders that I use in my stalls. I just screwed a 2 x 4 into the wall to hang it on. It works great, is easy to remove and clean and with all but 2 of my horses, it keeps the hay in the feeder and off the ground. I have had no problems with them.

100_0137.jpg

Thank you for the suggestions! I liked the hanging feeder...I saw one in a catalog, but it was like $80! I'll definitely look around! As far as the homemade feeders...those are quite interesting! I like those! I'm going to look further at those photos!

Thank you!

Angie

Latest posts

Back