Stall Drapes

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

How do you hang your stall drapes?

• Staple

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Grommets

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Irish Hills Farm

Irish Hills Farm
Reaction score
I'm having stall drapes made and got an e-mail asking if I'm planning on stapling them up or do I want grommets put in at the top to be able to hang them up. My reply "I dunno"

So, which do you prefer and why?

I staple mine. The reason being, every facility seems to have a different type of stall. Some are bars, some wire tops and some are solid. Concrete even. I can use boards at the top of the stall taped on with duct tape no matter the design of the stall and staple my curtains to that. My curtains are 1000 denier nylon and the staples do not tear them.

Staple
default_yes.gif

Stapled drapes give a more taylored look IMO. No, not 2 x 4s I use 1 x 2 fur down strips. Light weight and easy to carry around. We have various lengths so can fit stalls at any facility.

When you get your drapes let us see pictures!

Charlotte

p.s. Wish I could order new ones, but these will probably last forever!

Thanks Charlotte and everyone! I think I'll just tell her I'll use staples.

Here is a picture of a banner and my table cloth.

ihfbanner1-1.jpg

ihftable-1.jpg

Color is green of course with 1 black stripe on valiances only.

This is what I have ordered (hope it makes sense)

1 panel for side of tack stall

1 panel 8' wide with logo on it for front of tack stall

1 panel 4' wide for tack stall door

Valiances for tack stall side and front

Valiances for 8 or 10 stalls - don't remember what I ordered there

4 banners to put here and there on stall doors

Table cloth

Last edited by a moderator:
www.sstack.com also has metal hangers that can hold lumber and just hook over the top of the stall walls. They come in different widths for cement, etc.

Although they are for 2x4's you can use lighter 1x4 boards and I find with the thinner wood, you can overlap your boards so you don't have to carry long lengths of wood...I find 6 foot lengths (or shorter) easy to carry and you can make them fit most stalls by overlapping the pieces in the hangers. Quick to put up and take down and no sticky duct tape to contend with at the end of the show.

They are fairly cheap too.

Neither, I put velcro on mine so I can go over the different styles of stalls.

default_saludando.gif
I just got mine back and they put a 4" sleeve down the length of the entire valance and I run a pvc pipe through and wire it to the stall. That way you don't have to worry if it is metal. The curtain and other pieces velcro to the valance on the back side. So I velcro all the pieces at home and fold them and when I get to the show all I have to do is add the PVC pipe and hang.

default_saludando.gif
I just got mine back and they put a 4" sleeve down the length of the entire valance and I run a pvc pipe through and wire it to the stall. That way you don't have to worry if it is metal. The curtain and other pieces velcro to the valance on the back side. So I velcro all the pieces at home and fold them and when I get to the show all I have to do is add the PVC pipe and hang.
Mine are exactly like yours I love the pvc piping you will never have to worry about the stall types or if stapling is allowed. (at some shows I go to you cant.) so it works out great for us
default_yes.gif

Mine have an opening I run a cord through and pull tight. They fit everywhere and always look taylored. PLUS they are easily moved and I don't have to haul boards or PVC!

dru

Does anyone have pictures when they are assembled and hanging up? I'd love to see.

Barbie

Those are pretty!

Some places, like Midland, don't allow tape, and stalls are steel. So I've gotten magnetic binder clips to hang them from. Otherwise I use staples, but have to be careful to take them out as I take them down or I will certainly scratch myself :DOH!

These are some of our drapes.....These have been stapled to 1x2's that have been duct taped to the top of the stalls. Very easy and handy for us. Good luck with which ever way you choose.
default_smile.png

STALLCURTAINS.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back