Stall curtains, valances and table covers

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kitty

Reaction score
OK really going to get some stall curtains this year. Been talking about it and THIS IS THE YEAR
default_rolleyes.gif

Going to spend some quality time by the stalls (taking a nap once in awhile
default_new_shocked.gif
) and need to know what material? Also for sleeping in a stall (which the kids want to do this year) would you use tarps to block the light????

Nylon, canvas or ?

And who do you recommend to make them? And what is a fair cost ? Want to get at least 2 stall fronts and a side and a valance for additional stalls.

feel me to PM me.
default_wink.png

THANKS a million in advance

I found stall curtains really affordable in one of my catalogs I get. I think its "ss tack". You get a 6 piece kit for under $150. I think you can even order a custom matching banner, individual door covers, + everything else you need! Hope that helps.

Magnolia Mini Farms, Marcina makes fantastice stall drapes. She uses Denier Nylon (used in luggage). I think she is a member of this forum.

I recommend 1000 denier nylon for stall curtains. It doesn't tear when you staple it and doesn't shrink when washed. It also maintains it's shape and color well.

I purchased mine from The Cover Girls a number of years ago and they have held up really well. Prices are on their website.

Mock2farms, I saw those stall drapes advertised in Schneiders catalog also and thought they were a really good price. I meant to post that info here and forgot...thinking someone might be looking for drapes.

Charlotte

Mock2farms, I saw those stall drapes advertised in Schneiders catalog also and thought they were a really good price. I meant to post that info here and forgot...thinking someone might be looking for drapes.

Charlotte

Kitty i used one of thoses framed sun tents for nationals and it worked great Maddie didn,t stay awalk cuzz of the lights you need a narrow piece for were the fencing is on the stalls Try Showtime for stall curtians Marica doe3s nice jop might be too late tho good luck carol

Kitty,

I have a couple sets from sstack and I do like they, they are lightweight, easy to fold, easy to clean ext.....and inexpensive as well.

I also have a set of the heavier material, and if it's windy of course they hang better, but a booger to really clean.

For a sleeping stall, I stayed at the stalls last year as a few horses were acting a bit off for me; and I put a dark brown tarp up at the top of the stall(s) and on the inside as well, and then curtains on the front (we did this on a stall down our aisle) then we brought a window unit AC and put it for that stall so it was nice and cold.....

I am going to request to be in the last barn (E- can't remember the new name) because we will be bringing the horse trailer with partial living quarters and want to be close to it for showers ect in the camping area. Hoping to be in the same area as we have been on the outer edge.

So with that thought would the SS ones work or would I want heavier for the sides???

Carol I really wish you were coming. Save your pennies and come next year. We will miss you there
default_yes.gif

The light weight ones will work if you staple them down. I have the 1000 denier cordura nylon ones...heavy, and even they will blow if it's windy so I staple them too. That's one of the things I like about the Tulsa facility...you can staple at the sides and bottoms because the stalls are wood. At World in Ft Worth in the barn we stall in the stalls are metal so no way to staple the sides without doing some constructin with lumber.

Charlotte

A lot of facilities have strict fire code rules about the materials they allow for decoration. Be sure whatever ones you go with meet those requirements.

That said, we made our first set of drapes - bought a roll of denier nylon fabric and made them using measurements we found online (my sister is a professional costumer, so it was easy for her). They looked as good as any professionally made drapes I ever saw.

They have held up for more than 15 years, but like Erica said, they are a pain to clean, as they can only be hosed off (or you lose the fire retardant qualities in the fabric).

I bought the SSTACK drapes because i wanted a new look. I like them. They are much lighter than the others, haven't torn and look nice. Since they don't have the weight of the denier nylon, they are a little "floaty" if you don't secure them on the sides and bottom.

I bought the SSTACK drapes because i wanted a new look. I like them. They are much lighter than the others, haven't torn and look nice. Since they don't have the weight of the denier nylon, they are a little "floaty" if you don't secure them on the sides and bottom.
I've been wondering if you can wash the sstack ones? My cordura ones I just throw in the machine at a laundramat and drape over the fence to dry. They get washed once or twice a year since '94 or 95 and still look like they did when new.

Charlotte

Does the SSTACK drapes have an open hem at the bottom that you could run a piece of PVC in to hold them down?

Marcy from magnolia mini farms made mine. They are nylon (like the inside of a suitcase lining). Very durable. Just spray them off and let them hang dry. She says they don't fade like canvas would and canvas has a shorter life span then nylon. I trust her judgement.
default_biggrin.png

www.sstack.com

get the starter kit and add from there. they are great and take a beating.

sweep them off or hose them off, they are tough as nails and the velcro system is to die for.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back