StablePro Clippers

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

equine_luver

Reaction score
I bought a set of StablePros, intending to clip my mini colt with them. Well not with this piece of junk. I oiled them well, did everything I was supposed to and they will not clip. I clipped three 35" and up minis with handme down dog clippers better than than the StablePro. And the only reason the old ones got thrown away was because they got kicked. Tomorrow I am taking them back to State Line Tack to see what they can do. Well just had to tell you guys.

equine_luver

i have a wonder ful pair & they will clip great. it takes them 4ever to get hot & not never not to be oided when in use! but they dohave times where they are still moving, but they won't cut hair, 5 mins later they will! totaly confusing!

do you sharpen your blades?

desiree

I know the initial investment is high, but you may want to consider Double K's. They really are worth the extra money!
yes.gif

i bought the stable pros recently and love them.....i use oil and blade wash (per jean's suggestion AS i am clipping) and have body clipped at least 7 minis with them so far (in about 1 1/2 months)*-- they are terrific and work great. maybe you got a set that was a "lemon" and need to be replaced. mine work very very well! jennifer
saludando.gif

I've been using a stable pro for 3 years with wonderful results. Sometimes new clipper blades come dull and that sounds like it might be what you have happening.

I took them back to State Line Tack and the people there were wonderful. I got every penny back. If I were showing, I would get the Double K's but our horses are just pets, so its impractical for us. well thanks

nb

Just a little tip for those who buy new clippers (and yes I speak from experience ufortunately) Even though the clippers are new (or if you buy a new set of blades) they have to be soaked in blade wash before being used. There is a protectant or something another that the factory puts on the blades and it needs to come off before clipping. Don't ask me why, but that stuff make clipper blades act as dull as a butter knife. I have two pairs of stable pros and although they are a bit noisier than I would like, they have done pretty good for the money. Good luck with your new pair whatever you get. I've heard several say they like the andis clippers and they are comparable in price to the Stable Pros.

Latest posts

Back