Spring? Winter?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chamomile

Reaction score
This is why I can't body clip my minis even when we have 70 degree spring days in April... 70 degrees one day, 30 degrees and SNOW the next!

83c227_6e9385950af248c2b41f3ef9947b1657.jpg

To help them cool off on the warm days I did a little trace clip... I ordered blankets for everyone and they should be here today! I'll blanket them today and tonight. Then we are supposed to warm back up to 70 degrees!

83c227_7130472d0d7742eb9ff91d67f06611a8.jpg

Zorro's belly and chin and neck clip.

83c227_e1b12dcba30a47d1903a42acba4e826c.jpg

83c227_cc50cac7a43a4313b6d9500d291531b1.jpg

Sky's trace clip!

Just something fun on this cold spring day
default_biggrin.png

You guys are Memorial Day before you can safely count on warm weather, aren't you?
At least Mother's Day before any planting outside where I'm at in Montana, but Ennis can be colder than here.

We're raining and hovering around 38 today, glad I clipped no one during our 60 degree plus weather earlier this spring.

Same here. We've had temps in the 70's then it snowed yesterday. We can't clip until June here. By then they are shedding out pretty well on their own. I have to wait til June for a garden too... sigh... here's to two more months.

Same here. We've had temps in the 70's then it snowed yesterday. We can't clip until June here. By then they are shedding out pretty well on their own. I have to wait til June for a garden too... sigh... here's to two more months.
Wow, I would have thought spring would hit sooner in UT, you must be up in the mountains.

The weather here has been "wonky", too! It's already been in the upper 90s, but then yesterday/nite before that we had temps here in the mid-40s and at 8 am it was hovering at just a LOW 54. (We have been in the 90s in January - have trace clipped ours throughout the winter when they were working -but it's been awhile since I last trace clipped any of ours).

I do miss MT though. Your minis are gorgeous and the scenery lovely!

You have lovely horses. Our weather this year has been a bit crazy too. No snow since March and everything is a month or more early but we have still had below freezing temps some nights. Oh well, I leave the fuzz on to protect them from mosquitos which we have in abundance this year. -That and I just havent had the time to clip and then fuss with blankets if it gets cold or wet.

Latest posts

Back