Spring training

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Willow Flats

Reaction score
Hey fellow drivers! I just read a new post by Andy on Coachman's Delight. It's called Spring Training and it has some really good information. Spring weather is here, but I know a lot of you are still waiting but it's coming!
I made some DIY dressage letters and when I get a chance I'll post some pictures.

I returned my friend's dressage cones (pictured on the right.)

I printed some large letters on letter size paper and laminated them and used some strapping tape to hold them in the cone shape and slipped them over my existing cones. They are waterproof and I've been leaving them set up and they are doing just fine! I won't leave them out all summer long though. They stack up nicely too and are really light weight.
If a person didn't have a laminator they could put them in a plastic page protector but I wouldn't leave those out in the dew or rain.
20210228_200003.jpg

When it was windy the white cones were all blown over but my orange cones were all still standing so that's how I got the idea.
Just thought I'd share it with you guys.

Attachments

• 20210228_200159.jpg
    20210228_200159.jpg
    82.3 KB · Views: 2
I wish I was in your neighborhood so we could drive together. So much to learn from you! I wish Walter would have worked out for you for the purely selfish reason of seeing the amazing things you wouldv teach him. Love your cones! What a great idea.

Thank you MC. I wish you were my next door neighbor! If we were only closer it would have helped when I was looking for a horse too.
I am not that knowledgeable though.. I am learning as I go and my new trainer / friend is teaching me a lot. For so long I was on my own trying to figure things out and keep thinking there are probably people out there that feel the same way.

I downloaded and printed out a 4-H driving manuel the other day. Curious to see what it has to say.

After I laminated the pages I used the cone to wrap them around and taped the top so they fit nice. To get them off you just twist them and they come right off.
Practicing a dressage test whether I end up competing or not is so valuable in showing me things I need to work on. We are getting into the corners good now while maintaining the working trot. I'm encouraging him before we enter the corner so he doesn't slow down.
It's also a whole lot easier to stay straight at a trot with a green horse than it is at the stretching the frame walk! But he is improving, especially with keeping impulsion at the working walk now.

Latest posts

Back