Spring time in Australia

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

maplegum

Reaction score
It's been a while since posting. It's been a wet, muddy winter and the horses have had enough. That's why I'm posting some spring time wildlife photos.

This is what we see when we look out of our windows each day. The mother kangaroo is trying to teach her so called ‘baby’ to act a little more brave and not dive for the pouch each time she hears a noise.

Untitled-Stitched-18-1.jpg

Our residents ducks have had their spring time babies. Little balls of fuzz eating alongside the young rosella’s.

037.jpg

032.jpg

And my friends kangaroo who has a hard time 'leaving the nest' LOL

089.jpg

Incredible!! What a lovely world we live in...
default_aktion033.gif
Thanks for sharing your little corner
default_yes.gif

Oh No, I always wanted to live in Australia,

and a pet kangaroo oh my, those picture are amazing.

thanks for sharing.

Can I come an visit sometime..I could stay out with the animals
default_wink.png

Last edited by a moderator:
This is neat to see animals from other areas and how different they are. Your kangaroos I would imagine would be like our deer here. Does your friend have to have a special license to own one? Your spring is our fall.....enjoy your summer...ours was too hot and humid and I'm looking forward to early winter when the earth gets a rest from the weeds, plants and bugs.

Totally cool pics, thanks for sharing!!!!! I would love to just sit and watch wildlife like that every day. And the roo on the bed cracked me up!!

Really enjoyed your photos.....

Is it common to tame a Roo or Walaby?

My friend is a registered wildlife rehab centre. She mostly takes in orphaned kangaroos and possums. Once they are old enough, they are released onto her property but they always stay close to home. This roo in the photo is last years baby, so she is around 12 months old I think. They grow so quickly!

Even though she remains fairly tame, they are still quite an intimidating animal. She is VERY powerful and could easily rip you open with those hind legs. She has a strong bond with my friends husband as he was the one that raised her by bottle feeding her etc.

She is curious of other people and will come over for a scratch. The male roo which has partnered up with her is HUGE and he is still a jouvenille! He was also coming inside the house but has now got too big and too intimidating to allow that happen. He basically calls the shots on when he wants to go back outside and won't be told ! You don't argue with a roo standing on his hind legs who is about to challenge you!

It's a real treat visiting my friends, you never know what you will find wandering around their property. They breed and show miniature horses and they own 'Midgee' the dwarf whom many of you know about.

default_smile.png

I was wondering where you were! Gorgeous pics; always get a hankering to come visit when you post pics like that
default_wink.png
Hope all is well.

I was wondering where you were! Gorgeous pics; always get a hankering to come visit when you post pics like that
default_wink.png
Hope all is well.
One of the things on my bucket List is a visit to Australia.Hope I get to do it.Thanks for posting the photos.That may be as close as I get.

One of the things on my bucket List is a visit to Australia.Hope I get to do it.Thanks for posting the photos.That may be as close as I get.
Just found out today my classmates from high school(we graduated in 1957 and get together for a local reunion every year))are planning a trip to Australia and New Zealand from March 23 to April 11.Just wondering what the seasons and weather are that time of year.We will be going to Auckland, Queenstown,Mt.Cook,Fairlee,Christ Church,Melbourne,Cairns, Great Barrier Reef and Sydney.I really want to go, but REALLY dislike very hot weather.Significant other is encouraging me to go,but I know I will worry about the horses since I have 3 with Cushings on meds and 1 guy with melanoma on his rectum.I really want to go, but am al;so concerned about the long plane ride.I am in Delaware so I will have to fly to LA and get the back rested for a day before flying on .Any advice will be greatly appreciated.This same group has been on several cruises but I have never wanted to go since cruises are not my thing.This time I really want to go

Latest posts

Back