Spring is Here in California

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kathy

Reaction score
For those of you in the cold maybe this will give you hope of nice weather to come. We are in the foothills of the Sierra's and it is in the 60's and very sunny. Flowers starting to come up everywhere.

daffodil2.jpg

daffodil1.jpg

Yes, I'm with Mona...that is just cruel!!!!
default_wink.png
default_biggrin.png

This is what we were doing a couple of days ago...

IMG_4917.jpg

IMG_4918.jpg

IMG_4919.jpg

IMG_4915.jpg

Lainey & Delilah both took a turn with me, but Jane would have NO part!!
default_rolleyes.gif

And how to feel like a real red neck, but I pulled out some feed bags for 'sleds', because all of the sleds that we had when we were little are wrecked. Man did the nieces ever think that was great!!
default_laugh.png

After the snow we had the last couple days, the hill is even bigger!

I'd LOVE to see some flowers and green around here right now
default_yes.gif
default_yes.gif

~kathryn

I LOVE Sutter Creek!! We vacation in Angel's Camp a lot...and I come to Grass Valley every September for the Draft Horse Classic. I help crew for a hitch and it's a blast. I love that whole area and enjoy every minute we get to spend there! Thanks for the pictures.

Jayne, in rainy northern WA.

Well, here in BC we are inbetween both those photos. Half the snow has melted, and the nice yellow snow grass is starting to appear. My mom is in Nova Soctia visiting my sister and told me today they were driving through a snow storm, when I told her what its like her she said she can't wait to be back.

So heres hoping that spring comes soon for you guys with the snow (but please, don't send it here, ok?), and lovely to see Califorians nice weather, really think I should move there!

I really hate to brag, or rub salt in the wounds, but our daffodils have been blooming for about 3 weeks now!

Okay, okay, I'll shut up now.

Mine just bloomed, too but I don't have photos to post!!! Lavender plants are in full bloom, apricot tree is also in bloom - and tangerines galore! High of 80 degrees today...gotta love it!
default_yes.gif

Liz R.

I am just down the road here from Sutter Creek. And we are in full blown green!!!!! Everything is blooming and gorgeous.

Matt, we don't have perpetual Spring, we get pretty cold actually and ours is very WET!! Yuck! Chills you to the bone! And everyone should remember that when you all get your green season, we go to Brown and fire season. So, we get the green season first, but we pay for it later with all the fires. And then comes the HEAT!!! Two years ago we had over 25 straight days over 100 degrees. Nasty stuff that heat!

Today we are at about 73degrees, sunny and beautiful. I have all the windows open to air the house out and the horses are running and playing in the green grass. Now, if we could just find a way to keep it this way for the next six months...I'd be good with that!
default_yes.gif
default_aktion033.gif

Here is a picture of the front of our home last March. We are at 2700 FT so do get cold weather and snow. We received about a foot at one time. Our Seasons are pretty mild compared to lower elevations and we love it. The snow is fun for us since it only last a few days, except when the electricty goes out of course due to down trees.

snowmarchhouseP1010827.jpg

I spent a good bit of my childhood in upperstate New York, where snow is definately a 4-letter word! One of the things I love about coastal North Carolina is the infrequent snow. When it happens, it's magical, and you'll find me glued to the window like a little kid. Then it doesn't stay around long enough to be a nuisance.
default_yes.gif

Latest posts

Back