Spring and foals.........what could be better?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Loess Hills

Reaction score
Sioux City, Iowa - on the Lewis & Clark Trail
After months of cool, gray spring weather, finally some warmth, sunlight, and green grass!
default_biggrin.png

Finally able to let the "kids" out in the big North pasture for some play and fresh grass. Here's our first foal of the season, "Roller", now a month old, checking out the flora and fauna.

We had some little girls visiting who thought Roller looked like Cookies & Cream ice cream.........all swirly and chocolaty.........so now his nickname is "Cookie"!

roller08yp7.jpg

rollermay08sm8.jpg

dsc00154ch1.jpg

dsc00152bq1.jpg

He is a cutie Rose! And it sure looks like he was having fun and enjoying the sun! Nothing like watching the babies frolic to make your day.

Rose, he is sure a cutie and he would stand out in a pasture with all the color he has! If you show him this year I hope it is where I can see him. I notice too he still has a nice warm coat for the Iowa weather yet too! Can't wait to see him clipped! (like us you are probably waiting a while too!)

Lavonne

He's too cute!!

BTW, my Bobbi daughter is going to show with Frank next year as a 28" and under Senior Mare!

This little guy has the longest, heaviest foal coat I've seen. It must be 2-3 inches in length!

He was born April 4 when it was such a cool spring, so he was certainly prepared. Can't wait to clip him!!!!!

Oh, and another unusual thing is that he has blue-grey eyes. Not the bright blue of some, but a very noticable hue. Both parents have brown eyes. Go figure!

Stephanie - Isis looks just gorgeous! Is she 3 now? And what is her height? We sure hope Bobbi has another who looks like her!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
He is so cute! Leave it up to kids to pick the darndest names! My gelding I bought was named by kids. Its Kirby.
default_smile.png

Rose, Isis is three now, so will show next year as a four year old. I need to measure her, but I know she is tiny. She showed last year as 27.5", and I don't think she's grown any.

Send me pics of Bobbi's foal, I really love that mare. Good luck!

Latest posts

Back