Spirit's day at the International Draft Horse Show 08

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lil' Horse Lover

Reaction score
Well yesterday (Saturday) we took my lil' guy Spirit to the International Draft Horse Show that was going on in town. We walked him around all over and met some of the draft horses and LOTS of people! Spirit loved all the attention and was very interested in the BIG BIG horses
default_smile.png

And it was REALLY funny because when we first got here we told the people that we had a miniature horse in the back of our car that we were going to walk around and let people pet and everyones reaction was so hilarious! No one believed us until they saw for themselves, they all thought we were joking lol. Everyone got a huge kick out of the fact that we had a horse in our car. We drew quite a crowd lol. And than they all watched us unload him too. It was great because people got to see from one extreme to the next. Most people thought I was walking a large dog until they took a second look, than they just had to come over and say hello.
default_smile.png

Well here are the pics, thanks for letting me share!
default_wub.png

Getting bathed before walking around, he was quite dirty lol~

SpiritatDraftHorseShow9-20-08013.jpg

SpiritatDraftHorseShow9-20-08014.jpg

And meeting some Draft horses~

SpiritatDraftHorseShow9-20-08028.jpg

This little boy came up and put his cowboy hat on Spirit, I was so proud of him he didn't spook at it or anything, it was so cute!
default_wub.png

SpiritatDraftHorseShow9-20-08032.jpg

SpiritatDraftHorseShow9-20-08033.jpg

We also met a Mastiff, it was scared of Spirit though and at first wouldn't get close to him, but than warmed up a bit to him after a lil' while. Spirit was fascinated with the dog though and kept wanting to go up and sniff it ~

SpiritatDraftHorseShow9-20-08038.jpg

SpiritatDraftHorseShow9-20-08039.jpg

SpiritatDraftHorseShow9-20-08040.jpg

SpiritatDraftHorseShow9-20-08041.jpg

SpiritatDraftHorseShow9-20-08044.jpg

SpiritatDraftHorseShow9-20-08051.jpg

More coming.....
default_wink.png

Aww, Spirit is so cute!! He kinda looks like my gelding, Jitterbug.

loved the pics esp with the huge Belgian.. It must have been fun for both of you.

Meeting some of "the big guys"
default_smile.png
~

SpiritatDraftHorseShow9-20-08130.jpg

SpiritatDraftHorseShow9-20-08111.jpg

SpiritatDraftHorseShow9-20-08077.jpg

SpiritatDraftHorseShow9-20-08078.jpg

SpiritatDraftHorseShow9-20-08079.jpg

SpiritatDraftHorseShow9-20-08081.jpg

SpiritatDraftHorseShow9-20-08083.jpg

SpiritatDraftHorseShow9-20-08084.jpg

SpiritatDraftHorseShow9-20-08087.jpg

SpiritatDraftHorseShow9-20-08127.jpg

SpiritatDraftHorseShow9-20-08129.jpg

The horse on the right is Nick and he's 19 hands tall~

SpiritatDraftHorseShow9-20-08088.jpg

SpiritatDraftHorseShow9-20-08082.jpg

More comin....

Last edited by a moderator:
Meeting some goats, they competed in the "Wanna Be" class, they are all trained to drive and pull a little wagon, its SO cute! Spirit wasn't too sure about them and they weren't too sure about him either lol~

SpiritatDraftHorseShow9-20-08119.jpg

SpiritatDraftHorseShow9-20-08122.jpg

SpiritatDraftHorseShow9-20-08124.jpg

SpiritatDraftHorseShow9-20-08123.jpg

And more people
default_smile.png
~

SpiritatDraftHorseShow9-20-08131.jpg

SpiritatDraftHorseShow9-20-08136.jpg

SpiritatDraftHorseShow9-20-08133.jpg

SpiritatDraftHorseShow9-20-08139.jpg

The parents of the little boy in red said that he had been afraid to be around or pet the other horses there and well after a little bit he went up and pet Spirit and it was so cute because after he did he was SO proud of himself!
default_wub.png
~

SpiritatDraftHorseShow9-20-08134.jpg

SpiritatDraftHorseShow9-20-08138.jpg

MORE coming......

WOW those are some BIG goats
default_new_shocked.gif
Your little guy is just too cute
default_yes.gif
I love it when you share your adventures with Spirit.

This little girl LOVED him,
default_wub.png
, she was so sweet and so gentle with him, as he was with her! It was adorable!
default_wub.png

SpiritatDraftHorseShow9-20-08182.jpg

SpiritatDraftHorseShow9-20-08185.jpg

SpiritatDraftHorseShow9-20-08188.jpg

SpiritatDraftHorseShow9-20-08191.jpg

SpiritatDraftHorseShow9-20-08195.jpg

Kisses
default_wub.png

SpiritatDraftHorseShow9-20-08194.jpg

SpiritatDraftHorseShow9-20-08199.jpg

SpiritatDraftHorseShow9-20-08206.jpg

The little boy in blue had petted Spirit before and later as we were walking around he, his sister, and his parents came up to me and told me that they had been looking for us because their little boy wouldn't leave without saying goodbye to Spirit, it was so sweet! He just walked up and gave Spirit a handfull of hay and said goodbye, it was so sweet!
default_wub.png

SpiritatDraftHorseShow9-20-08075.jpg

SpiritatDraftHorseShow9-20-08074.jpg

More coming.....

Anna! They are wonderful wonderful photos!

Spirit is so tolerant of all those children.

MY favorite photos are the ones of you and him together though. I can see how much you love him.
default_wub.png

Those draft horses heads are bigger than Spirits body! They are way too much horse for me, but totally beautiful and stunning at the same time.

Good for getting him out and about like that!

Too cute! Spirit was such a good boy to put up with all the different sounds and sights and new people approaching him! What a sweetie!!!
default_wub.png
Thanks for posting all the pics. And I love belgians so it was neat to see Spirit nosing some of the big boys!

And those goats were just plain scary!
default_new_shocked.gif

Thanks for sharing, it certaintly looks like you both had a very fun day, not to mention every one that got to see & pat Spirit
default_aktion033.gif

what a sweet little boy you have ....I am in love with him. If you are interested ..you should have him registered to go to the hospitals to visit the sick children. My mini went through the test to be licenced in california with a bunch of dogs and passed with flying colors
default_aktion033.gif
he visits the hospitals on a regular basis, even goes into the rooms , and it really helps the children.I could totally see little spirit doing that. he is wonderful, and so are you for taking him everywhere, and loving him so much.

What a great little horse he is! Poor little Spirit is smaller than everything, even dogs and goats are bigger than him
default_wub.png
U are doing a great job promoting the mini to people.

what a sweet little boy you have ....I am in love with him. If you are interested ..you should have him registered to go to the hospitals to visit the sick children. My mini went through the test to be licenced in california with a bunch of dogs and passed with flying colors
default_aktion033.gif
he visits the hospitals on a regular basis, even goes into the rooms , and it really helps the children.I could totally see little spirit doing that. he is wonderful, and so are you for taking him everywhere, and loving him so much.

Thanks
default_smile.png
And yes I'm very interested to get him registered so he can hospitals, how did you go about doing that? I'm getting him certified with Love On a Leash, would that work? I really really want get him doing that, I think he'd be perfect.

Latest posts

Back