SPIRIT FOALS!!!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

REO

Reaction score
And here are our last 2 foals of the year!

Both were out of maiden mares.

The sire of BOTH of the foals

Ten Ls Spirits Afterglow

Owned by Creta Hills Farm

website1006005.jpg

My maiden mare Mysti

website1003011.jpg

She had a hard time as a maiden and her vulva was tiny! It was a hard fight getting the baby out! He was stuck across the eyes. We finally got him out. His lashes were curled under and the birth hurt his eyes (ulcers) but with meds & care, he's just fine!

He is a little buckskin with BLUE EYES colt! He is SOOOO CUTE! I smile every time I look at him! He talks to me and comes whenever I say "Ben-nee!!"

This is Benny!
default_wub.png

100_02021.jpg

And my other maiden Kismet

Her vulva was even smaller! Some pushing and nothing coming out! I SAVE my foals and mares by checking on things before the foals get too far into the canal. It was a red bag! I had to carefully nick that & go in. The white sack was very thick since it was not stretched by the foal coming. Broke the white sac. All there was was one foot & a nose. THE FOAL WAS UPSIDE DOWN!

Luckily I know how to fix those very easily!

After the foal was right side up, it was a nasty fight to get the baby out since she was SO tight! After it was over, poor Kismet was pretty swollen and had pushed SO hard that her blue eyes were red with blood from broken blood vessels. Her eyes are clear blue again now.

Both mares are FINE!
default_smile.png
They are nice sized mares but were just very tight maidens! They are awesome mommas!

Here is Kismet!

website1018026.jpg

And here is her FILLY!
default_wub.png

I know she looks bay, but she IS buckskin! She is so sweet, yet full of play! She's a doll!

100_02161.jpg

0100_0217-1.jpg

We had a great season! Our 3 beautiful Nort fillies and our Spirit buckskin colt (with the cutest ears on Earth!) and the sweet buckskin filly!

Thanks for letting me share our babies!!!

Congratulations! I'm glad your maiden mares and their foals made it through okay with your help.

Many many congratulations - they are both gorgeous.
default_wub.png
default_wub.png

And well done you on having the knowledge and know-how to successfully birth those beautiful babies - the results could have been so different.
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif

Anna

Awesome new babies!!! I love them both! That is going to be one beautiful little golden buckskin filly.
default_wub.png

Would you possibly mind explaining to us new nervous expectant mothers how on earth you can turn around an upsidedown foal? What you hold, when you push/pull, etc? My two girls are due this month!

Congrats on your Spirit babies!

Congrats on your gorgeous new babies. Love the look of your colt.

I have a maiden due anytime now and she has a very petite vulva which scares me but hopefully when she is ready it will lengthen and there wont be too much drama

Congrats Robin on a great foaling season. Love the buckskins. Maybe I'll have to talk Linda into coming out and seeing them while we're at nationals and finding room in the trailer for the little buckskin filly
default_wink.png

what stunning babies congratulations
default_aktion033.gif
:yeah
default_aktion033.gif
what a great way to end your foaling seasion
default_biggrin.png

my mare annabelle hasa very tiny vulva , everyone said it will stretch after she has had one foal but it didnt and this years foal was just as tight , so tight infact we had a scalpel blade ready just incase , so if we had an emergency we could do a caslick , thankfully we didnt have to , I have yearlings with bigger vulvas than Annabelle

What a beautiful pair of buckskins! I really look forward to hearing more about how you saved them both.

Congratulations. Sounds like you know what you are doing
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif

If you don't mind will you slip up here for a while as I am waiting on my last, and a maiden, and I am expecting I might have a problem.

Congratulations on your first Spirit babies!! Love them both. Buckskin comes in a wide range of colors, which you and Julie may discover. Our black and white mare had one (just before we got her) that looks smokey black - or even black - but was just tested as buckskin.

Add me to the list of those anxious to hear your technique for saving the upside down foal in the tight space.

Yes! Pleease post a topic about how you go in and correct foals not positioned correctly. It would be so helpful as minis mares are much more compicated birthing. Breech, upsidedown, head or legs not presenting etc. Much appreciated info thanks!

Love the spirit babies. The avatar horse is a spirit baby too!

Sarah

Last edited by a moderator:
Congratulations on your duo of beautiful buckskin babies, Robin
default_aktion033.gif
You certainly have had an awesome foal crop this year
default_wub.png

default_aktion033.gif
Congrats on your buckskins! No Pooka babies this year? Or am I rushing things...lol.

Congratulations!!
default_aktion033.gif
:yeah Just love those maiden mares! Good job! Beautiful babies.

Latest posts

Back