Speaking of the classified post

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I, also, got the same e-mail from "Anita" yesterday. Do you suppose she looked at the members list and sent it to everyone??

Did answer the e-mail, so we'll see if we get a reply. Don't these scammer know how to spell or use proper grammar???????? As a former English teacher it just irritates me no end to read those messages. I guess that should be the tip-off that they are a scammer!

Hey,

I got the same email
ohmy.gif

O.K. I am curious- What are scammers? - I see in a few ads the " Scammers will be reported" and I know that most people get spam email- but what is the risk, that is concerning people?

Thanks

Tiffany

Last edited by a moderator:
Tony said:
I received a similar note from some people in a foreign country about a month ago and took the time to answer them.  They said that they had sent a note to ten other horse farms, and that I was the only person responded to their request.  They have since come for a visit to the United States and bought sixteen horses from us because we took the time to answer them.  The money is in the bank and the horses are in quarantine waiting to be shipped.  There are nine other breeders who missed a golden opportunity, in my opinion.
There are certainly scammers out there, but the first indication is not always correct.  Sometimes people write using a translator computer program and it is not very plain and might look suspicious, however, I make it a point to never write anyone off on the first contact, except one that tonight wanted to buy my cat.  However, I did respond and told them that I had no cat for sale.

Tony

435769[/snapback]

This is what makes it so darnably infuriating! It can be very hard to distinguish in some cases. Some aren't that difficult though, like Mary Ann's 'Romeo', or your 'Cat' request. LOL I also figure that immediate mention of money orders, and shippers is jumping the gun a bit. LOL I suppose at times I over-do it, but I really think that this one in particular was awfully questionable. If they don't even know what animal they are interesting in specificially, or even mention the breed, etc... it raises some serious flags in my mind.

I got Anita too. Answered and sent to website. I highly suspect they are picking them up for Lil Beginnings;to coincidental.

midnight star stables said:
wcr said:
I got Anita too.  Answered and sent to website.  I highly suspect they are picking them up for Lil Beginnings;to coincidental.
436209[/snapback]

Am I the only one who didn't get this e-mail!

436285[/snapback]

Do you have a horse advertised for sale anywhere? That's where the scammers get their lists from.

I got that one about 3 days ago and replied asking for clarification on which horse
wink.gif
seeing as I haven't advertised a horse for sale in about 6 weeks I was really surprised to get a scam.......I am still trying to find a way to scam the scammer
biggrin.gif

I got the exact same email too. I replied saying I have NO horses for sale at this time. Which I don't, nothing on my site either so not sure how/why they contacted me, hoping to work their scam.
no.gif

Sheri

srpwildrose said:
Subject: Horse Enquiry... Date: Thu, 28 Jul 2005 18:35:33 +0000

Hello,

I will like to purchase some horses.I will like to know if you have any

horse for sale e.g STALLIONs etc.I will be happy to see pictures aswell

as

know the present cnditions,Health, Strenght and any other thing I need

to

know.I look forward to your reply.

Rgds

Anita

giveup.gif

please.gif

xreiter.gif

whistling.gif

thumbdown.gif

435311[/snapback]

I got an answer this morning and it was the old send a cashiers check from the UK thing. Major delete!!!!

I've heard from Anita twice LOL. Deleted the first time, but decided I would reply today just on the off chance it was legit. Guess the offer of a cashier's check is forthcoming. Ah well, too many people with too much time on their hands.

Jan

Latest posts

Back