Speaking of strays.....

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChrystalPaths

Reaction score
Strange weekend. My husband brought my son home. He's been living and woking with his dad since May 1st but time for school now. I'll have help, (I hope).

Anyways, in addition to my son he brings home 10 bushels
new_shocked.gif
of cortland apples for me to sell!
new_shocked.gif
Yea, me in the middle of nowhere. I'll try. I'm also going to make apple pies to sell.

I go way up to the top of the drive to post my sign APPLES FOR SALE and this dog crawls to me and is just so happy to see me. VERY submissive and so sweet. I put up the sign, drive to all the neighbors and not one person has seen this dog.

He is so thin, neutered male. Will sit and go lay down. Is easy with the cats, doesn't bother the horses and likes my dogs. AWWWWW...I'm in big trouble cuz I am falling for "Sweet William" as I'm calling him.

I left a message with our local dog warden and will contact the vets but I'm kinda hoping he can be mine. I was just talking to God and asking if maybe I should get a big dog for protection. Think he is heaven sent? I believe he is a hound mix. Maybe walker/blue tick? About 8 mos old. Here is Sweet William.

sweetwilliam.jpg

Awwwww He's so handsome! Maybe God has answered your prayers.

I do hope you get to keep him as I think he has CHOSEN you.

He has a lot of wisdom and history in those eyes.......

MA

You are such a softee. If he ends up staying he will have a loving home. Its far to early in the year for people to be running their hounds in your neck of the woods so if he is lost its from a local home.

Deb,

You should keep him- I think he was sent to be your buddy and protector.

He sure is a good looking boy.

There is nothing better to keep your mind off pain than to have a few loyal dogs to look after you.

Sandy

[SIZE=14pt]Deb,[/SIZE]

He's just what you've been praying for!
yes.gif
And the name is perfect!
aktion033.gif
aktion033.gif
Couldn't have thought of any better name myself!
wub.gif

Sweet William (Bill)

Thanks all. (cute Bill)

The dog warden just called. She's coming by at 9 am to have a look at him. There was a lady over the hill from me that lost a coon mix pup last spring
new_shocked.gif
. She put up flyers and offered a reward but to date no word. She figured he'd been shot or adopted. Sigh. I hope it isn't Sweet William. Our warden is a very nice lady. She has taken in 13 dogs and only had to euthanize 2. Those were very mean. She adopted out the others. She told the lady who lost the dog he should have been kenneled or tied. I got the impression she may let me keep him as she asked 3 times if I wanted to keep him if he wasn't the dog, but we will see. God will let me know where and what is right. But oh how I pray he can stay.

william.jpg

Last spring? Spring of 2004?

This pup looks like he still needs to grow into his feet! If that lady lost her pup in 2004, I don't think Sweet William could be him...

Here's to hoping your heaven-sent SW can stay!

Heidi

He's wonderful Deb!!! His face reminds me alot of my Homer dog, I just love hounds
yes.gif

I hope you get to keep him, let us know.

Oh my gosh Deb! That face and those eyes! I hope you get to keep him. I'll bet there are a lot of strays out there that would love to find there way to you
yes.gif

Ohhhh what a kind face and a beautiful pup!!! I'm hoping that you will get to keep this little dog that has found a place in your heart already.
yes.gif

OK My love, pull yourself together, this might not be the dog, this dog might belong to that Lady- she sounds as if she really tried to find him. This dog may just have come to tell you you need to look a little harder!! I had a GSD come into my middle class- now, I have to say I do NOT like GSD's they are not the breed for me. This dog was my dog from the first time I took his lead. He would do anything for me. He is a big powerful, well loved nine month old who had been unbelievably abused. He has not, even now, bonded with his owner as he bonded with me, but he is learning to behave as he should!! I did ask if I could have him, but she loves him dearly. She has Chrones and is not strong- but she needs to walk and he needs to be walked. He is her dog. What he did was tell me to find my own. I met him yesterday after a three day search (God Bless the Internet!!) A two year old neutered male Doberdog with full tail. If I pass the home check and my Bitches do not kill him next weekend he will be mine!! If Sweet William is not for you it only means someone else is waiting in the wings- go look. {{{{And HUGS}}}} just because!!

Aww Deb!! What a sweet face!
wub.gif
I've already said a prayer that things work out for the best for you and Sweet William!

Well to clarify, I meant this springs pup as I don't believe he's more than 8 mos old. On a happy noye he stayed the nite on the porch like a good boy and now I'll see what the Warden says at 9am.

Jane, I am ready for the fact he is probably the other lady's dog. I am REALLY rural and there just aren't that many folks SO....I will pray to keep him and if not maybe he came to me cuz I knew how to get him home and he knew it. Hope your new fella does great!

Well, Did you get to keep Sweet William? Am curious.

Hopefully this worked out for what is best for all involved here, including Sweet William. I'm hoping that even if it was the other person's dog they were willing to let you keep him.

Please let us know.

Last edited by a moderator:
Deb,

What happened this morning with Sweet William?

Sandy

Sigh............the dog warden never showed up or called. Now what's up with that eh? This is the nicest dog and now I regret even doing the right thing by calling. I love him. He is so doggone good. Has followed me everywhere, lays at my side in or out. Such a sweet boy. If I lost him now I would be so very broken hearted. Keep praying guys.

Latest posts

Back