Speaking of Gelding........

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CharmedMinis

Reaction score
No clue why I don't already know this.........but
default_rolleyes.gif
: I know the answer for dogs
default_yes.gif
:

Do I need to restrict food before the vet gets here???

My vet is coming at 9 AM tomorrow morning to geld, should I keep breakfast from them???
default_unsure.png
:

Nope. Normal feeding. The reason food is withheld for people (for surgery....not gelding...well maybe :eek: )

is because people and dogs can vomit which really mucks up the surgery. Horses don't.

Actually, my vet has had me feed EARLY the morning of gelding and only 1/2 of what they would normally have. If I were you, I'd just call the vet and ask what he or she prefers you do.

Thanks Everyone!

The deedS are done, 3 boys are now minus their jewels :new_shocked:

All went well and 2 of them were right back to eating 10 minutes after being up.
default_smile.png

10 minutes after??? Geeze...Gideon couldn't even wait until he was up!!! He had just started coming around, and instantly put his little nose into the grass and started munching it...while still laying down!!! Oh...and he had his wolf teeth pulled too. I had a huge problem getting him back to the pen because he was refusing to move. You'd think it was because of the surgery and being sore, wrong, it was because he didn't feel like he had enough time to graze. :eek:

Congrats on three "happier" boys!
default_wink.png
:

Latest posts

Back