Southern Diamond Trailers #@!$%@##

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Carolyn R

Reaction score
Well, this takes all. I have dealt with some financial hardships when it comes to my horses, it is to be expected. However, this just plain sucks. I ordered a mini stock trailer from our local township cop that sells them for Southern Diamond Trailers.

I had fixed my full size horse trailer, replaced the wood, disk grinded & repaired the small rust spots, and essentially ground my knuckles down in the process and even fell off the roof of it while I was repairing it. I sold the full size trailer to get the money for a mini trailer (After 25 years with big horses I threw in the towel, the last two were medical nightmares, between the two of them I spent $10.,000 in vet bills), so any how, I find out today that the trailer I orded will be here, well NEVER. The company closed and I am out the $2900 I put out. Silly me, I put all the money from the old trailer towards the new one so I wouldn't spend it on something else.

I am so sick to my stomach,

Carolyn

Last edited by a moderator:
Carolyn, that just plain sucks. I just don't know what to say--surely no advice to offer.

Companies that are going under should just stop taking money from customers. I realize that they probably try to prolong the inevitable and keep taking money from new customers in hopes of finishing jobs & getting the balance of money owed to them on earlier sales, but realistically that doesn't work. They just dig themselves in deeper.

Is there any way you can get a judgment against the company? I realize that it won't likely get your money back, but maybe if there are assets being sold you'd be in line for a small share?

Wow. I don't even know what to say. That is awful, and I really feel for you. I hope someone else can offer some helpful advice on this situation.

I know it will pass, and trust me, just as my caption at the bottom reads, at the end of each day I do thank the Lord above for my Husband, my kids, my entire family, for keeping us healthy, for the roof above my head, the clothes on our backs and the food in our bellies (as well as my critters) When I get cracked with a hoof or strain my back putting a roof on the barn, I am still thankful tha I am able to own my horses & that I am capable and physically able to work on projects like this. I just don't know how some people sleep at night. In the meantime, it doesn't change the fact that I want to just have a good cry to get it out.

If anyone has any tips or suggestions, please feel free to list them.

Carolyn

Oh Carolyn!!!

I am so sorry. I know I emailed them quite a few months ago asking about a trailer and when she told me she couldn't take photos of the inside of a trailer because they "wouldn't turn out", I told her to forget it! I have seen MANY photos of the inside of trailers!!! :DOH!

Anyway... I work for an attorney, so I'm going to throw out the common (you probably already thought of all this already) stuff. Do you know WHY and HOW they closed? Did they liquidate, file bankruptcy or just close their doors? How did you send payment? Was it a charge card that you can reverse payment on? Check that you can stop payment on? Have you contacted the Chamber of Commerce in their town? Better Business Bureau? Were they a Limited Liability Company? Did they register their name as a "ficticious name" with the state's attorney's office? If so, you can find out who registered that name, and if worse came to worse, you can go after them. I would most certainly contact an attorney. Consultations won't cost you anything and if there is anyway of getting something out of them, an attorney will know how to do that! I feel for you, I see this at work a lot. Don't let them get away with taking your money!
default_no.gif

Carolyn, I don't know what to say except yes that sucks BIG time. I am sorry to hear this even though I know more people are preying on innocent victims... Some victims that pursue the legal route never collect their money - I hope this is not the case for you................................................... (Give the boy a hug from my granddaughter - she is visiting & was talking today how she still misses him).

Carolyn, I'm so sorry! I know how long you have been waiting for this trailer. That just sucks! I have no advice for you, but I hope you can get some legal justice!

Jen

Oh no! You got hit way worse than we did! I ordered (over the internet) a generator from a company. Long story short....we have no generator and they have my $600+ dollars! I paid through Pay Pal and they won't do a *d a m* thing! I am dealing with my credit card company now but it doesn't look like I am going to get anything back.

Bottom line......Pay Pal isn't a safe way to conduct business. Know your company if buying on the internet.

That is just terrible about your trailer. Is the company far away?

Charlotte

No words of wisdom for you from here but just wanted to tell you I am sorry you "got burned".

I guess there is no way of getting anything from the "Local Township Cop" who is acting as the agent?

I know they actually did fill orders, there were many that were sold through the local dealer (the woman I spoke of in the first post). She said they were really nice trailers. Southern Diamond took orders up through the beginning of June, then they fell off the face of the earth.

Unfortunaly, they cleaned out shop and skipped town.

The info of the company and owner are......

SouthernDiamondTrlMFG

Full Name: Jennifer Watkins

Email Address: [email protected]

City: Bowling Green

State: Kentucky

The phone number has been removed from almost all info that has been listed via the internet, and the phone number our trailer dealer has has been disconnected.

If anyone knows anything about the whereabouts of the owner, please send a PM to me, or better yet, contact the po0lice in Bowling Green.

" (Give the boy a hug from my granddaughter - she is visiting & was talking today how she still misses him)."

Cathy, I will be sure to give Omega an extra hug, he is one of the many things I am thankful for, he is a pure pleasure to own and has always done what I ask of him. His babies are georgous, esp. his colt Slick.

Carolyn

There has been 2 families here in the local western Pa area that had nothing but trouble with Southern Diamond Trailers and Jennifer Watkins, bad news people! One family after 6 months of issues finally did had their deposit returned to them after many phone calls and police.

The other family did receive the trailer but the title was void and had a real mess, a trailer that they couldn't use and the paint was already peeling off the metal surfaces.

Another person that lives in Michigan has had difficulties with Jennifer as well and still no trailer or money from the last time I heard from her.

They are professional crooks and avoid the fact they are wrong in what they are doing and are always skipping states and making it hard to contact them with phones being out of order at times and they do screen their calls as well. I have posted on the LB sale page numerous times for these people to contact the buyers about the trailers that they were promised in January 08 and it was April and still no trailer to be delivered, watch out for these people being very bad business people and to stay away from them. They keep making all types of excuses to these people that have deposits sent and need the trailer and Southern Diamond just keeps doing the same deals with people.

Contact your state Consumer Protection or Attorney General's office--they may have some advice. Also contact Kentucky's--they may have some info for you. jennifer
default_saludando.gif

Oh Carolyn,,,

This is so maddening. I know on almost every local news station here in Washington they have a consumer reporter that helps with things like this. You call and say how sad your little tiny sweet minis are that a big bad person stole their trailer,,,, I bet they would LOVE a story like that!!!!!!! And keep calling them,,,, they will help.

There are details that I will not list on here, but I will state that it is not just people that bought directly from them , but trailer dealers that have placed orders (many have had happy customers when dealing with this company). With that said, I am sure you can all guess how much money we are talking about.

All I can state is that my local trailer dealer is a police officer, her husband is the chief of police, they know how to reach out and what chains of command they need to follow when reaching out from state to state. They are handling things for all of their clients, and while it will take some patients and a little time, they are making good on their end with their customers (at their own expense)

All things do come full circle, good or bad, it is just a matter of time.

As stated before, if any details are known about their where abouts, pm me or contact the police in Bowling Green Kentucky. If you have been taken over and are feeling a bit embarrassed, don't be, but please contact the police in Bowling Green so they can get a tally on how many individuals or companies are involoved.

Carolyn

I'm so sorry this happened to you....I could not even imagine how frustrated and upset you are. Unfortunately they will probably move out somewhere and set up shop under another name.........

Well, I am happy the Police are involved.

I would also contact the media and small claims court. Of course, if you don't know where they are I am not sure small claims court could help you at this time.

BUMP,BUMP

I am just bumping this up to make sure if there are others involved & they have not yet seen this, that they contact the authorities.

Carolyn...just a suggestion...maybe in the subject line ..add something like trying to find these people ..police involved..somthing like that...more people may read it.

The NEED to be caught ! I agree...how do they lay their head down and sleep at night?

Latest posts

Back