Sounds Gross / Tastes Great

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jill

Aspiring Cowgirl
Reaction score
What are some of the weird things that you like to eat? The things others would say YUCK about but you love to eat?

Here are some of my favorites:

• Ketchup Macaroni -- elbow pasta, ketchup, butter and sweetner
  • Mandarin Oranges w/ Ranch Dressing
  • Peanut Butter, Banana and Miracle Whip sandwiches
[SIZE=14pt]How about you all??? What are the strange things you like to eat?[/SIZE]
eat.gif

Here is mine:

French Fries with Soft Serve Ice Cream

Soft Serve Ice Cream with Pineapples and Pecans.

As you can tell I love Ice Cream.

Carlene

I'm a big Ketchup lover. I put it on everything including eggs.
default_wacko.png

great dip recipe. Its called "Jezebelle" Sounds weird, looks funny, tastes great and best of all no cooking!

3/4 jar of horse radish, mixed with full jar of apricot preserves. Mix well. Let it sit over night in refrigerator.

Pour mixture over 2 blocks of softened to room temp Philadelphia cream cheese.

Use Ritz crackers. You need to salty cracker with the tang of the horse radish , the sweetness of the preserves,and the creamy texture of the cream cheese, its great!

Last edited by a moderator:
Alright!!! Lilhorseladie

Radish sandwiches. I like to butter both the bread slices, then slice radishes and put on sandwich and eat.

Raw sweet corn on the cob.

Tuna Hash. Cut up potatoes like making home fries or hash browns, fry up till golden brown, add on can of tuna with the water, mix up and then add velveta over top and let melt, mix. My kids love this and so do my grandkids. Sounds gross but really tastes good.

Slumgalian. Brown hamburger like you are making sloppy joes, add garlic, salt, pepper, onions (optional) to taste, and one can of dark red kidney beans and then serve with slice of buttered bread. MMMM.

I like to add vinegar and onions to my soup beans.

Dandelion greens. Just a touch of drizzled bacon grease with a vinegar and sugar dressing.

This is great...Robin, I had you your recipe at a party just recently...I didnt know what it was but it was yummy. I bunch of people made things so I never figured out who made it to ask what was in it. NOW I KNOW THANKS!!

I love left over pancakes...warm in micro just a few seconds then put a dollop of coffee ice cream ( my favorite ) in the center, sprinkle w/cin sugar fold in half and eat quick...before it makes a mess all down the front of ya!!!

Mustard ( the cheap yellow one ) on French Fries

This is really good but DONT LAUGH....I used to love taking the big chunks of the mollases out of my horses sweet feed and mixing it in with my granola. It really is yummy...I SAID DONT LAUGH

O.K I must stop and go grab a teaspoon of Sand Clear !!!

Choclate Covered Coffee Beans from Starbucks
default_biggrin.png
default_biggrin.png

French Frys in soft serve ice cream IS good !

Here's mine--

take a saltine cracker and place a marshmellow on it - stick it under the broiler til the marshmellow is golden brown --yummy
default_yes.gif

Julie

Victory Pass Stable

Cumberland Maine

Macaroni and boiled eggs

My sister's favorite food growing up was macaroni, so I guess my mom tried to think

up new ways to fix it. I have never met anyone else who has ever had macaroni this

way. We grew up eating it and it is very good, just not good for leftovers.

Also Persimmon pudding. MM MM GOOD!!!

Lots of persimmon trees in southern Indiana. We had one in our front yard, had to do something with them. They even have a persimmon festival every year. You have to wait until they fall off the tree definitely don't eat them green.

Charlotte

Fries diped in chocalate frosty.
default_yes.gif
default_yes.gif
default_yes.gif
default_yes.gif
default_yes.gif
default_wub.png
default_yes.gif
default_yes.gif
default_yes.gif
default_yes.gif

Peanutbutter, lettuce, and mayo sandwiches!

Peanut butter and sweet pickle sandwiches (have to sprinkle a wee bit of sugar over PB)

Snyders b-b-q chips with hot pepper rings

Scrambled egg sandwiches on toast with bunches of ketchup oozing out

This is really good but DONT LAUGH....I used to love taking the big chunks of the mollases out of my horses sweet feed and mixing it in with my granola. It really is yummy...I SAID DONT LAUGH
OH MY GOD! GROSS!
default_biggrin.png
Are you kidding me? I throw that away. Wouldn't even let my horses eat that. Do you know what I have found in those chunks?
yuck.gif
Nah....you don't want to know.

When I was young living in New York and Pennsylvania, we used to eat cat fish eggs fried up. Frog legs also fried up like chicken, turtle soup. Those were yummy. My other favorite was a meat sandwich with home grown mustard leaf. Can't seem to find that out west. Way better than any lettuce you can buy. Also peanut butter and sandwich spread sandwiches. Sandwich spread is found by the mayo in your store. Kind of like mayo with sweet pickle relish stirred in. Those were great.

Here's an easy recipe I came up with while raising my daughter that is easy to fix and enjoyable.

Manwich Sauce, kidney beans drained, frozen sweet corn, chopped up green or red peppers, mix them together in a baking pan. Then fry hamburger with onions (how you like onions) size wise. Mix into the mixture in the baking pan. Bake mixture till good and hot, Mix up Corn muffin mix and drop by the spoon ful onto the mixture then bake long enough to cook the corn muffins on top. You can also dump it on and spread carefully with a spoon. Do not want to mix it in though. then you put the corn bread on your plate and cover with the mixture. We really enjoy eating this. It's great.

I am a very, very, very picky eater.

EVERYTHING HAS to be plain and by plain I mean not even salad dressing on salad.. any of those things, BBQ Sauce, mustard, kethcup, mayo, etc. will make me gag.. eww..
default_wacko.png

Even different seasonings and things of that sort will make me turn up my nose.

However, the way I eat is strange.. Everything has to be ate in layers..

Example.. if I have a sandwich.. I throw the bread away.. I hate bread most days.. I eat the meat piece by piece and cheese piece by piece..

Even meat and crackers.. like a lunchable.. I will make the cracker sandwich.. look at it.. throw the cracker away and eat the meat and cheese..

However, I LOVE sour cream and enjoy dipping my steak in it.

I also LOVE cheese.. I will melt cheese over anything..

I add Old Bay seasoning to my mac n cheese.. and fries..
default_wub.png

OH MY GOD! GROSS!
default_biggrin.png
Are you kidding me? I throw that away. Wouldn't even let my horses eat that. Do you know what I have found in those chunks?
yuck.gif
Nah....you don't want to know.

Actually......I have a container in the barn that I throw those mollassas chunks into and save them for horse treats!
default_biggrin.png

Oh Sandy I love Slumgalian my mom made it all of the time when I was a kid, but it didn't have a name that I knew of.
default_new_shocked.gif

And Dandelion Greens
default_aktion033.gif
YUMMY!

Edited to add 'maybe it's an Indiana thing'.

Oh my gosh..I'm not so weird after all.
default_wacko.png
I LOVE toasted peanut butter and mayo sandwiches. Everyone I know thinks it's disgusting. Jill, I haven't tried it with bananas, and don't plan to...I guess I'm a purist.

I also love eating green peas with cottage cheese. The hot peas and cold cottage cheese is very refreshing. (I use the dark green sweet peas not the light green ones.)

Latest posts

Back