Sore Paw

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

billiethekid40

Reaction score
Hi All. You all might remember my new kitty Rory, well she has developped some small sores on her paw. I'm not sure what from, but it seems to coincide with a new kitty litter, but its only on one paw
unsure.gif
She spends a lot of time licking/chewing it and making it worse. Is there anything I can do or put on it to keep her from making it worse till I go to the vet with her next week? She isn't favoring it or anything, it seems more itchy than sore. She is actingcompletely normal and playing and running and GROWING like crazy!

I have a vet appt. for next week for her vaccinations anyway, so I really would rather not have to take her in before then if there is anything I can do at home. Of course, I will take her in if I think she is getting any worse or shows any sign that its making her uncomfortable. Can I clean it with something and put some vaseline or antibiotic cream on it till we go to the vet?

Immediately change the type of kitty litter, clean it ( the paw)with some peroxide and she'll be ok til the vet visit. I use sawdust for kitty litter. So much junk in litter today.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the reply! I'm going to try to find the brand we used before we moved to the city, and switch back to that. I cleaned it up good and its looking much better, AND she hasn't been itching it since I washed it (nor has she been to the litter box) so I think the litter could very well be the problem. Will still ask vet when we go in next week, in case he/she has some suggestions for me there too.

Back