Sooo excited I can't hardly stand it....

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BlueStar

Reaction score
I have waited a long time for this announcement....and I finally got the chance to breed a mare to a Buckeroo son last year and my baby has arrived. Born June 23rd. If anyone has any input on color PLEASE do tell!! LOL

Dad is Perlino and Mom is Bay and he has a pinkish color skin. He has a 50/50 tail, white socks and not another speck of white anywhere...so perfect for what I ordered!!

Introducing~ Blue Stars Buckeroo Zion
default_wub.png

Momshorsesjune08043.jpg

Momshorsesjune08063.jpg

Momshorsesjune08048.jpg

And just so you can see he has 2 beautiful blue eyes...hope they stay that way!!

Momshorsesjune08014.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry I can't help with the color but congrats. on your new little guy
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif

Leslie

Striking boy you have there!! Just love those minimal pintos!! And with a perlino dad and bay mom he's more than likely smokey black!
default_yes.gif

Thanks all!! I Do LOOOVE him and he is so very INDEPENDENT already!! I thought smokey black as well since he was born so dark but then he started getting lighter and lighter and in some areas has almost a creamy color so now am not so sure. Don't much care though as he is one heck of a colt IMO!!
default_yes.gif

With a perlino sire he HAS to be a smokey black. Unless there is sliver hidding in there but I doubt that.

congratulations
default_aktion033.gif

he is so handsome looks like a wonderful little guy:wub

our stallion is a buckeroo grandson

I am a real fan to the Buckeroo lines too

Congratulations - he is very handsome. I vote for buckskin pinto. The chance of buckskin out of bay X perlino is pretty high and the only other color he can be is smokey black (well, since he doesn't look palomino). And you did say he seemed to be getting lighter. The tail white counts for PtHA registration in case you are interested.

Your little boy is very handsome and he looks SO much like my little filly who's about a month older. She is out of a light palomino mare and a buckskin pinto. Filly was born black/black and is lightening up like yours. I've also wondered - smoky black or buckskin pinto perhaps. Sort of clueless on the color genetics but I'm trying to learn, though it seems pretty complicated!

It's fun to guess.
default_smile.png

Congratulations!!!!

That is a beautiful baby boy! I will be watching for him at the shows, he looks like he is going places already.

What a lovely little man. I can tell through your words how excited you are and the pictures tell us why. Good luck with him.

Congratulations on your handsome colt!!! Given the colors of his parents and his look, the only color I think he can be is smokey black
default_yes.gif

Thanks for all the compliments on my little man...I am so in love with him already and have such high hopes for him. He is a dream come true for sure and am hoping to repeat the breeding next Spring and hope for a look a like filly!!
default_wub.png

Latest posts

Back