SONNY my quarter horse 26 years young!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marty

Reaction score
Here is my boy Sonny that has been with me nearly a lifetime.

This horse has caused so much chaos you'd just never believe it. Unruly wouldn't even touch it. He is a gelding but has had to be treated as a stallion as he is dangerous to other horses. Sonny has always been extremely destructive to gates, fences, stalls, you name it. He was very inconsistant and unpredicatable as my main show horse. He would either knock 'em dead, blow everyone away with a perfect performance winning by the tons for me, or he'd blow up, cause a scene, and royally screw up our entire day.

He also hates the weather, mostly all weather; he hates the heat, hates the cold, hates the rain, can't stand wind, and is replused by snow. Needless to say, Sonny has a 20 X 12 stall that he prefers to stay in a lot! There are days when I can't even begin to drag him outside if the weather is not to his likeing.

Lucky for me, Sonny has never ever been sick a day in his life, not even a snot nose. I have been asked by many people why I didn't get rid of him early on and that part was easy, because someone else would have beaten him half to death. So I just loved him all his life, put up with him, learned how to deal with all his insane quirks, and catered to his every whim. Now here we are, growing old and tired together, at least I am. I don't know what he has done to his tail, but I'm not even going to bother to ask him.

Here is Sonny today at 26 years old, the love of my life.
default_wub.png
default_wub.png
default_wub.png

PastureJuly19.png

Project1-1.png

Project3.png

Project2-1.png

Last edited by a moderator:
WoW Marty..he is one good looking dude!!!!! He is beautiful and you have done good by him....sure doesn't look 26!!!!!!!!!!!! Isn't it funny how well we 'know' our horses..their silly quirks...offbeat behaviors....if you try to explain we sound like fools yet to us they are perfect in their own "gotta love'em" way...Bless the horses that make us smile ..AND pull our hair out at the same time
default_biggrin.png

I'll second that...lets see you up in the saddle. It can even be an old picture. Your grass and willow tree look great too...see you do take nice pictures!!

He looks wonderful Marty!! I too would like to see a picture of you riding.

Barbie

I have no pictures of us riding that I can find anywhere. I don't think anyone ever took any.

I'm not sure why Marty but I can never see your photos.
default_unsure.png
I don't have high speed internet so maybe that's why.
default_sad.png

Marty it is obvious how well loved he is by how amazing he looks!

Wow Marty! Sonny looks wonderful! What a handsome dude and a lucky fella to have you to love him through all his quirks in life!
default_wub.png
default_biggrin.png

Sonny looks wonderful Marty.

Wouldn't it be something if all 26 year old horses could have that sort of love and care and look that good.

Anne

Latest posts

Back