SOmething I wrote for Chris

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Intexas2stay

Reaction score
Chris is my boyfriend of a year. He always asks me why I love him. This am, I wrote this for him, and posted it on his myspace page. I think its pretty good. If I were to change it from a love letter, into a poem, I think it would be named, "Simply"

Chris,

You are forever asking me why I love you. My answer is always a simple "I don't know." But I did know. It's just that until now, it wasn't the answer that didn't come. It was the words.

My feelings for you aren't the burning rages of a first love, where the heart only knows abandon. It is the love one develops after a heart has been battled beyond repair. The love a heart decides to feel, even where disaster looms around every corner. It is a love of trust, a love simply of choice. It is a love of risk.

My heart found something in you that opened doors closed for so long.

Your eyes are innocent. They hide no deception, anger or hate. When I look into them, sometimes I am startled by the brief glimpses of your soul hiding there.

Your touch, warm fingertips caressing my skin ever so gently, brings music to every corner of my body.

Your smile reveals the child that still lives inside of you. That child can tease even the faintest star in the heavens to a brilliance that rivals the full moon.

I love you.... Simply.

Simply for the man you are. Not for where you are from, or where you are going. Not for your ambitions, but simply for your dreams. Not for what you give to me, but for what you offer, in your support, concern and acceptance of who I simply am. I do not love you for the prestige or respect your last name may bring.

I do not love you for the promise of tomorrow.

I love you simply for the joy of today.

I think my favorite part is the one about his smile.

Do you think it would make a good poem?

That is absolutely beautiful. From the heart and speaks of truth.

Keep this version. And if you wish to make it into a poem, that's fine. But keep the pure version too.

Back