Someone teach me to say NO!!!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

minimama

Reaction score
Ok, so here is the story. (kinda long though) My oldest daughter had this beautiful cat named Mischeif. He was incredible. Well, he got out one day and got hit by a car. This was about three years ago now and she and the rest of us too, have all be devastated by his loss. He was quite the character! It has taken her this long to really want another baby to love and for about 8 months now she has been keeping her eyes open for just the right new child. Well, Around September 9th we went to PetSmart and they have adoptable cats and other animals there so we always go and just look to see what they have. My daughter goes to the window and turns towards me with tears in her eyes. Now she is not a little girl, this is a girl in college. She said, Mom, he's the one. Ok, so, they are not doing adoptions that day and there is no way to contact them really. So, I plot to kidnapp my husband and we will sneak back the next day and surprise her by adopting the kitten. Oh here is the catch, there are two! Brother and sister and very attached to each other and the foster home really wants them to go together. I, being the sucker that I am, figure what the heck right?! So, we go back the next day, and we are early. We leave and run an errand and come back and still early but decide we better guard the babies so no one else gets them. The lady finally shows up and tells us to wait while she sets up, fifteen minutes later (yes, I am frustrated at this point) she comes and asks us what we are interested in. We tell her the two kittens and we would like to adopt them right now because we leave the next day for San Antonio, Texas for two weeks. She says, that the foster mom wants to handle the adoption personally and she cannot do it for us. UGH!!! Ok, so we get the foster mom's number and we call and leave a message. The lady then tells us she is a soccer mom and will not be calling us back until Monday probably. Oh great, we will be on the road driving to Texas!!! Ok, so at this point I figure it just is not meant to be and they are meant to be somone elses new babies. So, i let it go. I did tell my daughter what we tried to do so she could also let go of them. I knew otherwise she would keep thinking about the little boy.

So, we are now on our way to Texas and the cell phone rings! It is the foster mom and she is a real interesting bird! She is trying to tell us how to raise cats and she is just being weird about the whole thing. We loose signal and again I give up. She calls back and my husband wants me to talk to her instead. Ok, fine, this is going no where fast. So, I begin to tell her about our home and my experience as a rescue home for cats and kittens and she is just nodding off to sleep, I can hear it in her voice. She tells me how she has four other applications in on the kittens. But, then she says, I am having my girl go in and take them out of PetSmart and they will be waiting for you when you get back from Texas!!!!! OMG!!!!! I offer to wire her some money to hold them and she refuses and says no, I trust you. They will be here and fine until you get back. I could not believe my ears. So, we go to Texas and I figure the whole time I will come back and they will be gone anyway. But, nope, they were there waiting and the people told us they were praying the whole time that we would come back and get them because they thought our home was so perfect for them. Yay!!!!! So, now we have Micah and Lottie and they are a perfect fit to our menagerie!

Micah is the one with the dark mask and Lottie is the one with the Apricot mask. Both are very sweet and yes, they are very attached to each other, more than any other cat I have seen, it is unusual. But too cute!

Kitties.jpg

Amazing what we will go through for an animal,
default_wacko.png
:

I know how it can happen, must of meant to be.
default_wink.png
:

They are adorable

Picture of the two I got the other day and my daughter is picking up the white one today and the beige one is going to my granddaughter (Maddy) Tuesday or Thursday.

Glad they are not staying any longer, I am enjoying them too much.

Hope you don't mind me sharing here.

kittenslastdaytogether.jpg

Awww.....they are so precious!! I love their coloring. Im happy that things went your way and you have some new kitties in your lives again!!
default_wub.png
:

Wow, that is quite a story, and quite a pair of little beauties you have to show for your trials.
default_smile.png

Congratulations!

:aktion033:

Liz M.

adorable little kitties! Enjoy them! :bgrin

I love a happy ending!!!!!!!!! The kitties are too cute. I am so glad it worked out for your family

and the kitties.

Freida

OH I SO LOVE A HAPPY ENDING, ALTOUGH I THOUGHT YOUR STORY WAS HILARIOUS!!!!!!! :lol: THE ONE WITH THE BLACK MASK LOOKS LIKE A LITTLE PUMPKIN LOL

thanks for sharing
default_yes.gif
:

I FORGOT TO ASK what did your daughter say she saw them????

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry, I just saw this question. When we thought the adoption was not going to work out we told our daughter so that she could move on and stop thinking about the little boy. We did not want her to spend the entire two weeks we were in Texas crying and hurting because she did not get the kitten. We thought it would be better for her to know what had happened adn she was like minded, we all felt it just was not meant to be because of the way things had happened.

The day I went to pick them up she would not go just in case things fell apart at the last minute. So, when I came home with them there was much celebration in our home!!!

What I forgot to mention earlier was that she has this little boy trained. She tells him Micah NO and he stops what he is doing and comes to her. She calls him and he comes, she plays fetch with him and he listens, he forgets to bring back the mouse and she tells him you forgot something and he turns around and goes to get teh mouse. She tells him it's time for bed and he takes off upstairs to her room. Most dogs aren't that well trained! lol

Oh, those kittens are just darling!!! They sound really wonderful too.
default_yes.gif
:

So, are sure you want someone to teach you to say "no"? lol!

Latest posts

Back