somebody's trying

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Charlene

Reaction score
somehow my water pump lost its prime yesterday and burned up. i'm peein' in a bucket, it's too cold to go out in the woods! i'm waiting for gary's brothers to arrive with a new pump. hopefully, i'll have water by the end of the day. in the meantime, i've been running around like a mad woman since last night, hauling water to the horses, hauling water to the house, trying to keep up with both. my horses drink a LOT of water in the winter!

gary used to tell me to sit down and relax for 5 minutes. i never could do that when i was on a mission. this morning, while i was heating water on the stove to clean up the kitchen, i happened to glance in at ashley. i noticed a spot of sunlight hitting her right on her "heart" on her butt...definitely a "voice from beyond". so, i sat down. for 5 minutes!

heartinsun.jpg

my 5 minutes is up. back to work!!
default_saludando.gif

She is just gorgeous! What a vision!!!!

Lyn

Oh Charlene I've had those peeing in a bucket days - awful! Looks like someone is thinking of you.

Charlene, you need to have that photo blown up! It's simply gorgeous!
default_smile.png

that's a great idea, i think i'll print this picture out and frame it!
default_wub.png

LMAO MARTY!!!! well, let's see. i used to use a regular bucket, you know the kind. the small one, not sure how many gallons. but ya know, ya have to squat so far down on those dang things. so, last night i got a FIVE GALLON BUCKET out of the shed. it's much taller, for obvious reasons, and i don't have to go as far down before i'm ON IT. the only problem with five gallon buckets is that, at one time or another, they contained something else (besides pee, i mean) and they always came with a lid which means the top edge (when the lid isn't on it...ya know? i mean, how the heck are ya gonna pee in a bucket if you leave the lid on??) is rather, well, sorta sharp. it's not "rounded" like a mop bucket would be so it isn't the most comfortable thing to SIT on. so, in the grand scheme of things, if i was gonna have to be "polly pioneer" for an extended period of time, i would have to come up with a five gallon bucket with a nice rounded edge. hmmmm.....if i do that and get it patented, i could be RICH!! don't anybody steal my idea, i'm gonna go get my paper and pencil out right now and see what i can come up with.

help me out here...what shall i call my new invention?

I think someone already beat you to it, Charlene.........It's called a "Porta Potty" !!!
default_laugh.png

well, isn't that just always the way! i get a brilliant idea and somebody already beat me to it. back to the drawing board!
default_rolleyes.gif

That is a gorgeous photo!!

Thank you Charlene (and Marty) for the laughs!!!!
default_laugh.png
I needed them!!!
default_smile.png

~kathryn

Charlene,

I certainly hope you have water by now - that bucket can be a pain in the butt! HA!

Love the picture of Ashley - she is gorgeous - also love the way you make something good out of what could be an exasperating situation!!

i'm happy to say i got my water back at about 3:00 this afternoon. the dogs were outside with me ALL day and i had to wake them for supper. they're back in bed, sleeping like babies, i don't think they've moved a muscle for the last 2 hours.

this has been a very unusual year (translate: BAD!) for our water system. this is the third time we've had to replace my pump, the first two times were after floods earlier in the spring. and yes, as exasperating as it can be, if i don't find something funny about it, i'd lose my mind. gary always used to laugh at me and ask if i was ready to move to town. in my best british accent, i would tell him "not bloody loikely!"

gee, i kinda miss that uncomfortable bucket. NOT!!!!!
default_new_shocked.gif
it's green...certainly doesn't go with my color scheme in the bathroom!

I always love to see these posts from you Charlene. All the signs that you get are so special. Heartwarming. Your dog is absolutely gorgeous by the way.
default_smile.png
default_wub.png
:wub

Latest posts

Back