Some pics from the farm today

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ashley

Reaction score
It snowed a bit today so things looked a bit cleaner and what was mud is now froze again. The animals were all playful as well. So before I fed tonight I took a few pics.

This is Tiki,

eff24a04.jpg

eff2290d.jpg

Buffy

eff246d5.jpg

A couple of the Shetland Sheep girls.

eff243d1.jpg

One of the Miniature Scotish Blackface sheep

eff2407a.jpg

April a Laumuncha/fainter cross

eff23d1f.jpg

Pasly the Highlander who wasnt really happy about me inturrupting her food time. She thinks/looks like she is starveing even thou she has a round bale to eat off of
default_rolleyes.gif
:

eff23aae.jpg

The alpaca yearlings

eff236c4.jpg

Tasha, I was hopeing to catch her with Baby hanging out.

eff23401.jpg

The cattle haveing a mid day snack

eff21588.jpg

Twinkle the pain in the butt deer. She is our bottle baby who is now 2. She is always looking to get into trouble. She loves to dump my grain buckets and spread out the old hay while im trying to feed. Today she got the plug out of her automatic water.

eff2123c.jpg

This is Dancer. SHe is truely a misfit deer. She is 3 this spring and hopefully with calf. I say she is truely a misfit as she has never had antlers. What you see her as here is how she always is. Antlerless deer.

eff20fcd.jpg

Marissa the GP

eff20cf7.jpg

Bell

eff209ff.jpg

And last but not least we cant forget the new and improved hairless Mitzy

eff20712.jpg

I always enjoy your farm pictures :bgrin

:new_shocked: :new_shocked: You werent kidding when you said farm!!!

Them sure are some cattle
default_smile.png
, very pretty!

I wish i lived where you live! Thats for sure, it would be paradise!

It sure is intresting around here. Alot of the animals here are bottle raised and held back to add to the herd. Even the ones that are not are overly friendly. I was trying to water the sheep outside tonight. I had a camel head in my face, a goat chewing on my jacket and a cow licking my arm
default_rolleyes.gif
:

About another month and the babys should be comeing. I cant wait!!!!! We do have a few that are ready to pop anytime but the majority of them start next month.

Nice pictures Ashley. I bet you just love it when your aunt goes away and you get to feed all her animals! Quit interesting. Corinne

I am not out here much in the winter as a 40 min drive can be a pain when you cant even do much out side. Its always colder here as they live up on a hill, but in the summer its kinda nice as there is almost always a breeze to some extent. But it can be windy as heck and the dirt/sand flying around can be a pain as well.

In the summer time I am out here pretty much as much as I can be. Its easier then as I tend to come here from work and work out side, crash for a few hours and head back to work. Mitzy can also be tied out and sleeps in her kennel in the barn at night. She also gets supervised play time running lose as long as there are no babies peacocks or guines around.

Yes she does have males/females of most every breed out here. They pretty much run the same breeding stock but occasionally switch out and get new males as we do keep back some of the female offspring.

There are some singles out here. Like the lemurs, coatis, highlanders. The alpacas and llamas are my uncles. His health isnt very good so generally every feb-March we take the yearlings he has to sell and halter break them and get them friendly to help sell them. Thankfully they are still small then and can only semi drag me around.

I get laughed at alot out here by visiters and family. When I halter break something I put on a few sweatshirts or tie a horse blanket around me. Then I tie the animal around my waist. We walk around the drive way like that. Then when they stop and pull, I just stop and plant my feet, and the rope dont cut into me because of the layers I have my my stomech. They seem to pick it up pretty fast that way.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ashley--How old is the Highlander? She is the cutest thing I've ever seen!!!

Great pics!
default_yes.gif
:

She is a year this spring/summer. She s alittle pigglet.

How big do they get full grown?? I keep going back and looking at her over and over. She's so cute and FUZZY!

I really like those cattle. The one brown one looks appy...what breed are they? They remind me of long horns. I'd like to get mini longhorns one day.

Love the Pictures

Thanks for sharing
default_yes.gif
:

I would of loved to see the baby in the pouch too.

You have so much love around you
default_wub.png
:

:saludando:

They are watusi. They are a african cattle. There horns get up to 9 feet tip to tip and huge around. I think the record around was like 56" or something like that.

Ever think about opening a Petting Zoo?? :lol:

Charge $5 a person, easy money! :bgrin

lol

Leeana

:aktion033: I just love Highlanders!!!! We had some close to us here An AGI Professor was Using them to cross with other cattle to get easy-keepers for poorer farmers,for meat cattle was a good cross ffor Herdford but not for angus.

Latest posts

Back