Some photos

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You are so sweet Marsha but you don’t have to call the vet, I was just curious about his formula. I’m always interested in seeing what vets think and what others do.

I agree with Abby, 3 lbs doesn’t sound like enough hay to me either. All my boys get more than 3 lbs of hay a day each and they are much smaller than Billy.

I wonder if your weight tape is accurate Edelweiss. 370 lbs seems really big to me for a 34 inch mini. 🤷🏻‍♀️ Is there a dog vet in your area that has a floor scale you could use?

I wonder if your weight tape is accurate Edelweiss. 370 lbs seems really big to me for a 34 inch mini. 🤷🏻‍♀️ Is there a dog vet in your area that has a floor scale you could use?
That is what I am wondering.
I don't think so. I wish. I might have the vet weigh him with her tape next time she comes out. He could be every bit of 370. He is big barrelled and can be a hard keeper if not fed enough, but most of mine eat as much or more than a full size horse anyway. I believe the 2yr old is every bit of 350 though. Quite honestly I expected him to be more like 400. I was always told that the average 32" mini weighs around 250lbs and my 32" weighs 245 according to the tape, so I am not sure how accurate it is or isn't!

I’m in the comfortable with more weight camp. DD in particular is chunky but her frame is broad and low to the ground. Our vet checked them over a few months back and was ok with their weight. He prefers more weight because our winters are so cold.

He has some pony clients where the fat ripples like a wave when he pats their back, and he said that is definitely too much.

So if your ponies don’t ripple, you’re golden. 😂

Lovely afternoon and it was a pleasure to play with my horses. A little tidying the the clippers and some ground work. Billy is almost walking on the narrow board. I had to put some autumn decorations on them. Billy wasn't too sure about that glittery thing on him, but after I told him how handsome he was and took his picture, he thought it as pretty cool. Dapper Dan loves getting decorated.

Attachments

• dd fall.jpg
    dd fall.jpg
    428.7 KB · Views: 0
  • billy fall.jpg
    billy fall.jpg
    467.5 KB · Views: 0
Phillippe came trotting over to me a couple of days ago when I was in his pen. One of his friends is on a probiotic paste currently so I was in to administer. Phillippe needed some snuggles and loving and gave me this face. He's just too irresistible! I can't stand how fluffy he is! Lord donkeys are the cutest!
Phillippe face.jpg

Phillippe came trotting over to me a couple of days ago when I was in his pen. One of his friends is on a probiotic paste currently so I was in to administer. Phillippe needed some snuggles and loving and gave me this face. He's just too irresistible! I can't stand how fluffy he is! Lord donkeys are the cutest!
View attachment 48665
I love the markings on his ears. Ears are my favorite. I wish I could have a donkey.

I agree, cool markings on those ears.
I’ve added a photo of my donks here, Willow and Charlotte. I love it when they drink from the water trough, because Willow always sticks her tongue out to dry!

Attachments

• BA22961E-4D16-42D1-B98A-5310B48FBD94.jpeg
    BA22961E-4D16-42D1-B98A-5310B48FBD94.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 0
Dapper Dan likes to walk up into the grooming stand and take his nap there. I worried a little at first in case he didn't back down off it okay, but he likes it up there. Maybe it makes him feel like a big horse!
Wait those are a thing? I didn't even know grooming stands existed I always groom my mini on the ground.

Ponies decided to help hubby with some of his old cars today 🤣

First pic, Stormy sporting the Mohawk mullet! Not sure who his hairstylist is LOL LOL 🤣
75F72748-4E3F-42D4-9C1F-97ED4737CEFA.jpeg

Breezy with our new addition. This oldie just arrived today, she is a blue roan and 52 years old. She is broke to drive, but hasn’t been driven in a while. It won’t take much to get her going, Im not sure exactly how much horsepower she will have at her age 🤣
8AFCE6C1-7B6E-4949-8420-96B3C40D4A11.jpeg

Breezy, the black one, checking out his reflection to make sure he doesnt have a Mohawk mullet 🤣🤣 This sorrel sweetie is a blast to drive, high energy and has more go than whoa. 🤣🤣
FE53DB7C-52C6-40F3-ABBC-713F5416D11A.jpeg

Ponies decided to help hubby with some of his old cars today 🤣

First pic, Stormy sporting the Mohawk mullet! Not sure who his hairstylist is LOL LOL 🤣
View attachment 49205

Breezy with our new addition. This oldie just arrived today, she is a blue roan and 52 years old. She is broke to drive, but hasn’t been driven in a while. It won’t take much to get her going, Im not sure exactly how much horsepower she will have at her age 🤣
View attachment 49206

Breezy, the black one, checking out his reflection to make sure he doesnt have a Mohawk mullet 🤣🤣 This sorrel sweetie is a blast to drive, high energy and has more go than whoa. 🤣🤣
View attachment 49207
Breezy has excellent taste in cars!! BMW's are the best, IMHO. For many years, my second car was a 325 Bimmer (BMW), then they started making them way too big! (Now I drive a Mini Cooper, cuz it's nice and small and really still a Bimmer).

🤣 Four on the floor and leather seats?
Oh yeah baby 🤣🤣

Four on the floor is way better than that old truck we had with three on the tree! I could never figure out how to drive that one 🤣🤣

And these young whipper snappers have no idea what we are talking about! 🤣🤣🤣

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back