Some photos

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's a beautiful picture of Dapper Dan. Did you post it on facebook recently? People have been downright mean everywhere, it seems. I am sorry.

That's a beautiful picture of Dapper Dan. Did you post it on facebook recently? People have been downright mean everywhere, it seems. I am sorry.
Yes, on the Non Ridden Equine page. The admins were wonderful though. They removed all the negative posts but left the post up.

I'm so sorry this happened Marsha :( I saw that post and was very discouraged by the rudeness of the people there. I am not thrilled with the people in that group. I have to say I think they are very closed minded and rude. I'm glad the admins stepped in.

There are places I just do NOT post on Facebook because of the extreme aggressiveness and rudeness of the people on the page. Beginner Carriage Driving is one of those places, Non Ridden Equine, and a few Miniature horse pages. I'm not sure what has happened to the idea of just being kind, but many people can not grasp it at all.

And sometimes the rules on the page are so stupid they make posting and commenting very difficult! I have found that I am stalked by a few admins on certain pages and they jump on ANY comment I make claiming I am breaking rules, blah blah blah, so I rarely comment on those pages anymore.

Facebook is so discouraging. It's such a bummer that in this day and age of social media, it is a necessity for those of us working in and running small buisnesses. We get most of our customers from Facebook.

I'm so sorry this happened Marsha :( I saw that post and was very discouraged by the rudeness of the people there. I am not thrilled with the people in that group. I have to say I think they are very closed minded and rude. I'm glad the admins stepped in.

There are places I just do NOT post on Facebook because of the extreme aggressiveness and rudeness of the people on the page. Beginner Carriage Driving is one of those places, Non Ridden Equine, and a few Miniature horse pages. I'm not sure what has happened to the idea of just being kind, but many people can not grasp it at all.

And sometimes the rules on the page are so stupid they make posting and commenting very difficult! I have found that I am stalked by a few admins on certain pages and they jump on ANY comment I make claiming I am breaking rules, blah blah blah, so I rarely comment on those pages anymore.

Facebook is so discouraging. It's such a bummer that in this day and age of social media, it is a necessity for those of us working in and running small buisnesses. We get most of our customers from Facebook.
I'll bet the Beginner Carriage Driving page is full of pompous folks. I would never have the nerve to even join that group! I dropped out of the big Miniature Horse Barn group because of rudeness. Just don't have a thick enough skin. And I also got a little tired of looking at vulvas and udders.
So many equine folks have no clue about miniature horses. Or they hold them in contempt. I agree; so many are close-minded. I'm so glad my world opened up with miniature horses!

I posted this picture of Dapper Dan at a Memorial Day parade on a Non Ridden Equine facebook page. The admins had to turn off comments because so many people thought it was cruel for a little horse to pull a cart with 3 people in it. I could hardly believe the comments, even ones who didn't think it was cruel: "Cute fat pony", "Minis have come a long way from the little mutants of yesteryear", "what's in it for the horse?", etc...
My skin is not thick enough for facebook.

I’m sorry you had to go through that Marsha...it never ceases to amaze me how nasty people can be for no good reason. That’s one of many reasons that I never have had and never intend to have a Facebook account. I work in foodservice so I get my daily negativity fill at work! I’m glad that we have our little forum here where people are (most of the time) very nice and encouraging.

It is interesting how misunderstood minis are in big horse circles. At the boarding barn I’m the main source of mini info, and I’m the only one who knows how to harness and hitch a mini. Most of the people out there are just clueless about minis, but we have a few who hold them in contempt and don’t view them as ‘real’ horses.

I for one love any pictures that you post of your appropriately named Dapper Dan! He’s such a handsome little guy ;)

I went to a couple of carriage driving events (leaving it vague to protect the innocent, lol) and found the people to be quite full of themselves.

I'll bet the Beginner Carriage Driving page is full of pompous folks. I would never have the nerve to even join that group! I dropped out of the big Miniature Horse Barn group because of rudeness. Just don't have a thick enough skin. And I also got a little tired of looking at vulvas and udders.
So many equine folks have no clue about miniature horses. Or they hold them in contempt. I agree; so many are close-minded. I'm so glad my world opened up with miniature horses!

We all know that you treat your minis like royalty and they are happy/healthy animals. Don't people understand that if a horse doesn't want to pull they won't pull? How easy would it be for him to refuse or to buck and kick and dump you all out? He's doing it because you asked and he agreed.

I don't post anything on social media. Too many "keyboard warriors" out there. It's sad when you post something so great and ignorant people feel they have to tell your their opinions. And my goodness doesn't Dapper Dan look dapper for the parade. How nice he carries himself as well. I wish I had that kind of finish on Clementine.

I don't know why I'm just now seeing your photo thread but I love all the photos! I also can't believe how much your landscape looks like Southern Utah landscape.

While waiting for the dentist, my sister took some pictures of Dapper Dan and me. With all his quirks, he is such a special horse. View attachment 42460

I remember quite clearly, cautioning someone about positioning her head over a horse's head. But that was then ~ when I owned a quarter horse so nervous that this would be highly inadvisable. But now I own a Morgan which is gentle, mild and amenable, and I know better.

I remember quite clearly, cautioning someone about positioning her head over a horse's head. But that was then ~ when I owned a quarter horse so nervous that this would be highly inadvisable. But now I own a Morgan which is gentle, mild and amenable, and I know better.
I think one has to know one's horse to understand what works and what doesn't.

Latest posts

Back