Some photos

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My sister and I took our horses to the nursing home again. A friend took her dwarf nigerian goats. One of the staff lead my sister's horse around; in the photo she is holding Dapper Dan. I don't like just anybody to handle Dapper Dan since he is a nipper. He did all his tricks today: sticking out his tongue on command, shaking hands, and bowing. Her little horse is always a lady. Dapper Dan can be ornery. The little goats were a hit. wfd goats.jpg wfd 1.jpg

I know the residents must have really enjoyed having their day broken up with some friendly animals. (and handlers).

These are good photos.

We did the horse painting today. First time for such a thing and we did not know what to expect. We thought there would be face painting paint, but we got poster paint. Don't know how long it will take to come off. We were a popular attraction. Some of the children--and an adult or two--really got into it, especially painting the hooves. The painting showed up best on my sister's b&w pinto.painted midnight.jpg painted Jackie.jpg It was really hard to get my horses clean because we just had two days of 47 mph wind and rain. Had to use the air compressor. Wasn't sure how Midnight would deal with that, but she didn't mind it at all. I think it will be awhile before I do any more volunteer horse events--it is a lot of work.

Weather turned off beastly right after the paint event. I did wash their faces but had to look at the paint mess on them until today. Finally weather was decent so I could get most of the paint off them. Won't do that particular event again--at least not in winter with furry coats and too cold for bathing.

I'm glad the weather got better for you to wash them. The colors are pretty, though.

They are so cute. I love seeing them with their hats on.

I posted this picture of Dapper Dan at a Memorial Day parade on a Non Ridden Equine facebook page. The admins had to turn off comments because so many people thought it was cruel for a little horse to pull a cart with 3 people in it. I could hardly believe the comments, even ones who didn't think it was cruel: "Cute fat pony", "Minis have come a long way from the little mutants of yesteryear", "what's in it for the horse?", etc...
My skin is not thick enough for facebook.

Attachments

• dd 2010.jpg
    dd 2010.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 22
Sorry that happened! The two passengers are little cuties too. Don't be discouraged Marsha as the comments are made out of ignorance.
Those of us here on this forum that have followed your posts can clearly see that the welfare of animals is one of your top priorities.
You even let a snake hang around your house. Who does that? You are one of my heros!!!

Latest posts

Back