Some People Make Me So Mad!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CritterCountry

Reaction score
Got an email yesterday morning from my neighbour about a puppy on the road. I go out and look at the end of my driveway and there is a 4 week old Shepard mix pup dead in the middle of the road. He was so small, just a little baby. I couldn't leave him there so I carried him to the house and we buried him. We think he was tossed out of a car because the body didn't have a mark on it. If he had been hit by a car, he would have been a mess. It seems someone might have decided they no longer wanted their puppy. No matter what the truth is, his owners should be crucified. I HATE this part of the country life, the lack of care some people have for their animals and how disposable they are is just stomach churning. It is hunting season and there are tons of strays running around. Hubby just missed hitting a puppy and it's mother in the road last week because the hunters probably just turned her and her baby loose because they no longer needed her. If she had not been as fast as she was, hubby would have caught her and we could have turned her in to the local rescue. But these dogs are so scared at being alone for the first time in their life, that they just bolt. I think Animal Control needs to be implemented here, right now there is nothing protecting these dogs.

Sad, sad, sad
default_no.gif

That is awful and I know how you feel. Living on a country road we have had plenty of pets dropped off that find their way to our house. I turn them over to our humane society if I can catch the poor animal. There is no way that I could possibly keep them all. I wish people would be responsible enough to at least do that themselves and save people like us the heartache and expense of having to do it for them. Our Humane society charges a small fee for dropping off animals and I have to pay it($20 plus the 40 minute drive to get there and hope that they have a spot open for it or else I have to make a second or third trip ! ). Around here it is the city "people" that do the dropping off, hunters around here shoot a stray or even their own dog if it proved to be useless. It sounds ruthless but in my opinion is better that some of the other outcomes for the poor dogs.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank God for our Humane Society here......It's a $5 fee for dropping off strays and ferals......

I just posted another thread in the heat of the moment on another animal issue...... What it comes down to is people have no respect for LIFE....LIFE IN GENERAL.

The drop off rate here is terrible, and will remain so until about March. History shows that starting in Nov. my place becomes the "dumping ground" for elderly or crippled/ill pets. In mid to late Jan. the tide turns to pups...my theory is that people can not stand by their comittments to the older animals to care for them until the end of their life, so they let me handle the ugly part for them. They then get a new Xmas puppy, and by Jan. they haven't gotten the new pup housebroken, or can't deal with the puppy issues, and then they "give" them to me. I have a very caring vet, who helps me with the dogs that we can't place, but it still rips my heart out to have to make that decision, and hold each and every one that has to cross the bridge. The only way I deal with the hard days is at least the animal did not starve to death, or die slowly from injury, and they had a warm lap to lay their head in at the end. We have no Humane society for me to turn to, so I guess this is the best I can do. Just last week someone left 3 pit bull puppies out on the road, two of them were struck and killed, and the third has now got a home for life, but I can't keep them all.

Latest posts

Back