Some of you may remember "Lady"

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brandi*

Reaction score
A few of you may remember her story. My grandpa died and my grandma could no longer take care of Lady so she took her to the pound. Over that weekend I talked her into going back to get Lady out of the pound and I promised her I would find Lady a good home. Lady was VERY timid and wouldn't have stood a chance at getting adopted
default_no.gif
So I posted her on craigslist and within a week or two a family had called me about her. They came to look at her and even though she was hiding from them the whole time, they decided to take her home with them
default_biggrin.png

Well since she has been gone, my cousin Aaron has missed her terribly when he comes to visit my grandma. I have been able to stay in touch with the family who adopted her so I took Aaron to see her today.

Aaron had a brain tumor when he was very young. Life has been a struggle for him and it was so nice to see him SO happy
default_aktion033.gif

Lady is living like a princess for sure
default_laugh.png
She is now an indoor dog, sleeps in the bed with one of the girls and even has a golden retriever named Sara as her playmate
default_wub.png
I really feel blessed to have found Lady such a perfect home
default_aktion033.gif

Lady didn't remember me too well but she sure did remember Aaron
default_wub.png
I just thought this reunion was so sweet and wanted to share it with you guys
default_yes.gif

DSC07356.jpg

DSC07360.jpg

DSC07349.jpg

DSC07364.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
default_aktion033.gif
YAY!!! I remember this story from before, I am SO GLAD you found her such a good home. Awesome, that her new people let you come see her.......thanks so much for updatig us.
default_biggrin.png

I also remember Lady, thank you for the update. I got a little misty eyed while reading. Sounds like you have found her a great home and Aaron looks like he was happy to see her
default_wub.png

I remember Lady and your update here really touched my heart and teared me up. Who could read what you wrote and see this picture, and not blink back tears?

DSC07349.jpg

Glad you found her a home but it looks like he needed her more.
default_wink.png

Brandi, I am soooo glad you made the effort to get Lady into the right place.
default_aktion033.gif
That was heartwarming to read and see, and so good of the new owners to let Aaron visit. He looks so happy
default_yes.gif

That is so very very special......
default_wub.png

That's a wonderful story, and the pictures are truly heart-warming. And I see your cousin was/is an AmeriCorps member--he must be a pretty caring person too!

Brandi- I remember about Lady too. I am glad she is doing so well. I am glad she made Aarons day...

Brandi I too remember when you told Lady's story. So glad she is in a place where she is loved and that Aaron was able to visit her.
default_wub.png

Yvonne

I remember Lady and your update here really touched my heart and teared me up. Who could read what you wrote and see this picture, and not blink back tears?
DSC07349.jpg
Jill is right......I had a hard time gulping back the tears.

I'm so happy a lot of you remember her
default_wub.png
I have never really been able t save an animals life but I do feel like I saved hers
default_yes.gif
She seemed really happy and I think Aaron feels better now that he has seen where she is at
default_yes.gif

Latest posts

Back