Some of my latest creations wanted to share

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marty

Reaction score
I have been using oragami lately to make my greeting cards because I wanted something really different. These are some oragami dresses I made for them

oragamidresses.jpg

And here are some of the cards I made with them. I did some birthday and mother's day cards with them

MothersDayOragamiCard-1.jpg

carolescard.jpg

cards061.jpg

This one I did using my cricut machine and some fabric roses

Birthdaymother.jpg

This is oragami again. I made a man's sport shirt because I needed a masculine card. I used this for man's birthday and also fathers day.

manssportshirt.jpg

Its pretty safe to say I am adicted to oragami! I got carried away and made about 35 dresses in one night.
default_biggrin.png

Thanks for looking.

Those dressses are really neat and the cards so pretty. Beautiful work.

Oh WOW !!! Those are simply STUNNING !!!!! You're so talented
default_aktion033.gif

oh my gosh I've never seen anything like it - fabulous! I can't get over it!

You could have your own business and market them on Zazzle or somewhere - or make your own greeting card shop - even personalize for folks. they'd pay for that too!

All that would look great for scrapbook stuff too or posters ............ endless things you can do!
default_aktion033.gif
framed for new babies or weddings - they'd pay a pretty penny for them - way to go!

The last dress in the first picture reminds me of a vera bradley. So cute. I am all thumbs when it comes to paper folding.

So beautiful Marty. I love the incredible detail. So festive!

Goodness! When I clicked on the post the first photo loaded right away and I looked at it before I read your text and thought to myself, "Oh... she made such lovely little sun dresses for a little girl!" Then when I read it was origami... Just amazed!

You are very creative! The cards are absolutely lovely! Do you have an outlet to sell them locally? ls there some specialty shop in your area that sells them for you? They certainly would sell!

Those are very original and lovely! Have no doubt that they would sell!
default_yes.gif

Thank you all so much for the compliments. I love that dang oragami and can't seem to stop doing it. Every time I sit down I have a paper in my hands and I'm folding like crazy. I always have paper in the truck and in my pocket!
default_new_shocked.gif

Unfortunately not everything is always rainbows and lollypops so this is part of my sympathy card collection

sympathy.jpg

I can't make this into any real business because each card is handcrafted therefore I cannot mass produce my cards in very large quantities in a short time and they are time consuming to make. It is a relaxing hobby so if I did make it into a business, it would put the pressure on and take the fun out of it so I never advertised them, so its just word of mouth basically. I sell a few cards locally up here in the General Store and I make them for people who ask and that's about it. By July I'll be starting on Harvest/Halloween, Thanksgiving and Christmas and then I will totally be in my element and surely be in my glory. I can't wait! I've got all kinds of ideas screaming in my brain for making wheelbarrows and pumpkins and candles and wreaths and horses and maybe old fashioned carriages. I go nuts at the mere mention of the holiday season

Thanks for taking the time to look.
default_biggrin.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Very pretty Marty. I've been into card making for several months now, no oragami, but I really enjoy doing it.

Thank you all so much for the compliments. I love that dang oragami and can't seem to stop doing it. Every time I sit down I have a paper in my hands and I'm folding like crazy. I always have paper in the truck and in my pocket!
default_new_shocked.gif
I can make pretty nice paper airplanes, LOL!

There are a few craft stores in my area, privately owned, which cater to local craftsmen, and they carry the cards made by a local woman. They are a tiny bit similar to yours, only in that they are somewhat "3D" but yours are much more professional-looking. But I do buy her cards all the time as I just love the singularity of them. Like you, she doesn't mass produce them, and all are different.

Marty, I haven't visited your website, but was wondering if you sell them on your site?

Latest posts

Back