Some of My Favorite Books, Passages, Movies and Music

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tess

Reaction score
Hi,

I wanted to share with you my favorite book, movie, passages, and music. My favorite book is "Anne of Green Gables" by Lucy Maud Montgomery. I love the entire series of it. Let me know if you like it too.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Some of my favorite passages are these:

Job 39:19-25 NKJV (New King James Version)

John 15:13 NKJV (New King James Version)

1 John 4:16 NKJV (New King James Version)

Psalm 4:8 NKJV (New King James Version)

Romans 8:28 NKJV (New King James Version)

Proverbs 15:3 NKJV (New King James Version)

Let me know if you like these.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My favorite movie is "Les Miserables". I have not yet read the book but I absolutely love the movie. Let me know if you like it too.

`~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~`

My favorite music is...well I cannot pick just one. My favorite albums are:

Precious Memories by Alan Jackson, A Thousand Little Things by Point Of Grace, No Changin' Us by Point Of Grace,

The Hobbit by Howard Shore (I like all three albums), The Fifty Greatest Pieces of Classical Music by Various,

Les Miserables by Various, and Anne of Green Gables by Hagood Hardy.

Let me know if you like any of them.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Please post your favorite movies, music, book(s), and passages.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thanks,

Tess

Im not much of a reader during everyday life. I always feel guilty that I should be doing something with the horses LOL or can think of washing or cleaning that needs to be done
default_smile.png

I was on holiday in Bali two weeks ago and I took a couple of books with me and I actually finished both. "The Girl with all the gifts" was really good. One I read last time on holidays was "The Kite runner" that was brilliant and I would highly recommend to anyone who likes to read. I have just started his other book called "A thousand suns" and so far its just as good
default_smile.png

I love all types of Music. Music is one of those essential things in life that seems to get me through each day. Don't think I could live with out it.

Like you I think I would have major issues trying to pick just one band/artist , so Ill list a few
default_smile.png

Stevie Nicks, Sarah McLachlan, Vance Joy, The Jezabels, Meg Mac, Husky, The Lumineers. Love Folk Music too
default_smile.png

Really any music as long as its not that death metal screaming stuff.

My sister and I used to watch Anne of Green Gables as Kids, great Movie
default_smile.png
I actually just read last week that the actor that played Gilbert Blyth recently passed away.

alright lets see.... I love books but if I had to pick a favorite the first that comes to mind today would have to be the Marquette Henry books I read when I was little. I've never read Anne of Green Gables but I did watch some of that on PBS and really liked it.

Yes I do like your favorite Bible verses! especially John 15:13 and Proverbs 15:3.

Here are some of my favorites:
God is our refuge and strength, an ever-present help in trouble. Psalms 46:1

So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand. Isaiah 41:10

Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs.
Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Love never fails. But where there are prophecies, they will cease;

where there are tongues, they will be stilled; where there is knowledge, it will pass away. 1 Corinthians 13:4-8

I can do everything through him who gives me strength. Philippians 4:13

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life... John 3:16

I have not seen the movie Les Miserables. As for my own favorites I guess these may be since they are the first to pop in my head and are also ones I can watch over and over... Rudolph The Red Nosed Reindeer, The Wizard of OZ, The Black Stallion, St Elmos Fire, Days of Thunder, The Chevy Chase Vacation movies and all the Lord of The Rings movies.

My favorite music is by Bon Jovi, Elton John, The Stones, Bob Seager, Janis Joplin, U2, Merle Haggard, Creedence Clearwater Revival (love John Fogerty), Fleetwood Mac, Bee Gees, Gary Puckett, Garth Brooks, Taylor Swift, anything by Blake and Miranda, Maroon 5, Kelly Clarkson, Imagine Dragons, and looking forward to more from Sawyer Fredricks.

-

Last edited by a moderator:
I like those Bible verses too. I also love the Lord of The Rings movies along with The Hobbit movies. Since you watched Lord of The Rings I can tell you that my gelding's name is Pippin from Lord of The Rings.

Lets see... The Bible is the greatest book ever written, no favorite passage. I read Psalms on my Kindle at work to "center" myself. Love the Lord of the Rings and Hobbit movies. Favorite music is by Garth Brooks, George Strait, Yanni and Enja. Favorite song is Time to Say Goodbye by the Blind Tenor. {never remember his name} First time I heard it was at my brothers memorial service. Tears me up everytime. I do love re-reading Winterdance by Gary Paulsen and A Walk in the Woods by Bill Bryson. When quilting I binge watch Supernatural seasons along with Walking Dead and Justified.

Latest posts

Back