Some have asked me for a book...

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tony

Reaction score
For Lauren's Junior English Class in High School, they were required to write a twelve page paper using parallel experiences between generations. After thinking about it for awhile, and then we all discussed it, she came up with a few topics about which we had similar experiences and we each set out writing a chapter on each. We wrote them without reading the others until we finished each chapter and thought that it was fairly interesting, but perhaps only to us. She then scoured our family albums as well as my computer files to illustrate the "book". I thought that she did such a good job and she made 100 on it, which is not easy to do in high school!

I have made it into a webpage because it is certainly too long to post here, but you are welcome to check it out:

aminimemoir..jpg

A Miniature Memoir

aktion033.gif
aktion033.gif

A great start---hope you add more as you think of the past.

Reminds me so much of all the horse fun I had with my Dad. He worked the farm with horses in the 30's and worked cattle all his life with quarterhorses he trained.

Many a horse ran away with me. Also all the stupid things we did with ours.

It was our only transportation until we got drivers license.

He hated shetlands and felt they were dangerous but found a 20 year old shetland mare for my daughter when she was 4 who was a gem. He never understood why I love my mini's so much!

Very enjoyable reading, Tony and Lauren! I hope you write more, think you have the makings of a book. Pictures are great too - love that last driving picture, looks like maybe from Dallas.
biggrin.gif

Jan

Tony, I just finished reading all the stories and have to tell you that I throughly enjoyed them all. Can't wait for the book!! LOL

Ginny StP

Wow Tony! Lauren is quite the gifted young lady! She should be proud of such a wonderful project and how neat you two could do it together. What a great collection of memories!

That would make a wonderful book - I like the title too.

BTW - my son (16) thinks Lauren is quite the beauty! I keep telling him, he's missing out on alot of pretty girls at the shows!

More!
aktion033.gif
Please more! I burst out laughing when I read your rendition of Lauren's mini dangling in harness.

Oh my Tony; as a "horse crazy" kid, your childhood (and Laurens) would have been my dream come true. Great stories there.

wub.gif
aktion033.gif
Oh Tony she is truly her Dad's daughter..both of you are very talented story tellers and you both should keep on writing...Congratulations on such a wonderful Sunday morning read. I thoroughly enjoyed it. I too am a Tony advice reader..of course I am, that is why I felt so comfortable bying Little Americas Tex Lil Feather site unseen (except for pictures
smile.gif
).
aktion033.gif
wub.gif

Great Memories....

Reading "Driving Dimitri" made me think of when I was about 10 and driving my little black gelding around town...he is one of my most treasured childhood memories.
wub.gif

Wouldn`t it be great if all families would take the time to sit down and put into writing some of those treasured memories for the following generations to enjoy??

A wonderful start and love the two perspectives let us know when the book is published. Loved the laugh this morning.

This is wonderful Tony. I hope you and your daughter continue to add to it. I love the photos too and the story of your pony Daffy. I read a mention of her once before here on the forum and wondered if my mares name (Little Americas Daffy of LHH) had anythng to do with that horse? or maybe if it was a name from Little Hoof Hollow. Anyway...your stories and experiences in bloodlines and breeding is priceless, I hope you will continue to write all about them. It would be a collectors item if so.

Well, I have to say that was thoroughly enjoyable and I hope you continue with the project. Lauren, you are an incredibly talented individual and I know your entire family must be proud. Having met you Tony, and your daughter has been one of the highlights of my evolvement with miniature horses.

Carol

Tony and Lauren,

What a neat start to a great and interesting book. It is so much fun to read the stories and episodes of other horse "crazy" people!

When I was a child I would have given anything to have my own horse, I took to riding any horse I could get my hands on including a farmer's work horses that were out in the pasture. As a child it seems we know no fear and I always liked them, the wilder the better!

Thanks for an interesting and fun reading on this Sunday morning. I would also be VERY interested in hearing more "chapters" to the book that you and your very talented daughter have started.

Tony,

WOW!!!! You and Lauren both have a real gift for writing!

Now I know the book we all want can be a reality! :)

And when it is about horses, I can't put it down until I am fiinished!

Susan O.

Tony and Lauren

You are both very gifted story tellers, enjoyed it greatly. Whens the sequel?
biggrin.gif

That was FUN, Tony. And I'm like other folks here...... Was wanting MORE!

MA

Debby said:
This is wonderful Tony. I hope you and your daughter continue to add to it.  I love the photos too and the story of your pony Daffy. I read a mention of her once before here on the forum and wondered if my mares name (Little Americas Daffy of LHH) had anythng to do with that horse? or maybe if it was a name from Little Hoof Hollow. Anyway...your stories and experiences in bloodlines and breeding is priceless, I hope you will continue to write all about them. It would be a collectors item if so.
465350[/snapback]

Thanks for the comments, everyone. Debbie, Daffy of LHH's name came from her dam, Daphne, although, of course I thought of "my" Daffy when we named her. The LHH in the name was because we were partners on some horses at that time with the owners of Lil Hoof Hollow.

Latest posts

Back