Some AWESOME stallions ...

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jean_B

MHT Supporter
MHT Supporter
Reaction score
Hey, everyone. There are GREAT stallions already nominated for the AMHR Stallion Sweepstakes Auction....and there is still time to get yours in. The deadline is March 1. This is a wonderful way to promote your stallion, and the resulting foals can win some pretty sizeable purses! The cost to nominate a stallion is $200 and for that the stallion owner can designate one mare. Stallion owners are allowed to bid on their own stallion. This is a REAL auction, with bidding taking place March 9-16. Mare owners from all over the country are anxiously awaiting the posting of the stallions....how about putting YOURS in it and getting some great exposure?? Not only do the foals win big $$, but the owner of the sire of the 1st place foal in each class wins a percentage, too! Learn more about it at http://www.amhrstallionsweepstakes.com/ And if you have any questions - just ask!!

Edited 3/17/13:

CONGRATS to all the winning bidders in the 2013 AMHR Stallion Sweepstakes Auction!

And a special CONGRATULATIONS to the Walsh's of Rocking Horse Acres who own and purchased the highest selling stallion, Wauk-A-Way Catch The Wind at $750.00, and to Denise Hardesty on purchasing the breeding to D & S Peeping Tom (HOF) at $700.00 - owned by Dom & Janice Silvio of Amore' Miniatures!!

Last edited by a moderator:
I wish I had spare $$$ to spend. I would put my Sentra on there in a heartbeat! Heck He would be with pro trainners and showing his lil heart out if I could afford it. He has done unbeileveably well the few times in the ring. With someone who knows what their doing, (not me
default_smile.png
) he would really go far!

So far I have 9 stallions listed and 6 more that are probably coming in...and a few more sitting on the fence. The stallions will be posted on March 1 or 2 - bidding begins on March 9, so this gives mare owners plenty of time to contact stallion owners with any questions they may have. Bidding will end on March 16.

This is a GREAT way to promote your stallion, and possibly win some BIG $$ - so come on...get in on the action! Any questions, shoot me an email at [email protected]

I would urge anyone who might be thinking about joining in this wonderful program to go for it! We have been involved for the last few years and it is so very EXCITING. It adds so much anticipation, build up and attention for the foals and Stallions involved. Many of the Stallions offered are not normally at public stud and definitely not at the incredible prices you can sometimes get on this auction, it gives us all an incredible opportunity to diversify our programs. My family usually has more than enough Stallions at our farm to not necessarily "need" to send mares out, but always take this opportunity to try out new lines or expand on what we already have. In addition if your plan is to just " buy " your own stallions breeding, it is a very affordable way to enter into a great program. Below are some off the foals that we have had ourselves or I have had the privilege to show for the owners. They are all the result of this program and would definitely not have happened without it.

This is our first foal from the program, RHA Classical Sharif. We got more than we could have dreamed for when we bought the breeding to King Lee from Buckeye Walnut Creek. Sharif ended up winning over 2K I believe and was a 2x Reserve National Champion. Now, 3 Years later, he is under 34" and has 7 foals arriving this year.

Sharif.jpg

The same year Sharif was born our friend from North Carolina, Pam Allen also had a Sweepstakes foal sired by B&L Rock E's Red Alert. Their foal, Humhill's Bacardi on The Rocks, is a many time National Champion, shown by Ed Sisk and I had the privilege this year of handling him and showing him to National Grand Champion Stallion, Under. I am pretty sure Red Alert had not stood to an outside mare sense, this colt was a once in a lifetime opportunity that paid off BIG TIME.

( he is second from left)

National Grands.jpg

The next year, our stallion SMHC Freedom's Nicodemus, was the highest selling stallion in the auction and bought by Finchwood Miniatures. Nico ended up selling to Australia and was the Nationals Grand Champion Senior Stallion after arriving over seas. The Nico foals in America are very limited and Vicky Almay ended up having an incredible filly, Finchwood's Whirlwind Weekend, that I was able to show before she sold to Europe.

Windy.jpg

This last season we had three Sweepstakes foal, one of our own by Nico, RHA Gen U In Fine, one by Buckey WCF Hot Toddy, RHA Gangster of Love and one by Silver Meadows Jet Set Go, RHA Jet Set Jigolo. They are some of the best foals we have ever had here at RHA and all are being shown this year.

Fine001.jpg

maurice.jpg

Jigolo001.jpg

I just really can't say enough about this program. This excitement is what this whole thing is about and this program really brings it in spades!

I am new to this so am I understanding this correctly? Mare owners bid for breeding to entered stallions and highest bidder wins? Then the mare and foal are entered into the 2014 AMHR futurity class...right?

Hi Sabbott, it is actually just the resulting foal that is shown. Also the futurity class is a separate class with separate nominations and fees. There are usually two classes for the Sweepstakes foals, over and under, the colts and fillies show together. Just to make it a bit more confusing, horses nominated and entered in the sweepstakes are required to also be nominated for the regular futurity. So you would also show in the futurity in addition to the sweepstakes class.

Thanks Andi!! I'm excited to see the stallions that ate entered. We are looking for a stallion and are not going to buy one just to have one (waiting on the right one). This might be a great opportunity to try out a certain bloodline while we wait. Is it a silent bid? Stephanie

Hey Sabbit, it is a Live online auction. It has changed up a bit over the years in it's format, sometimes the end times for each stallion are stagered.

Jean is working on the Stallions right now, we should see who is in it within the next couple of days! I know our boys, but can't wait to see if there is anyone else new joining in! Just a reminder to everyone, if you have any questions about the stallion contact the owners. It is much easier to iron out the details before bidding than after.
default_yes.gif

The stallions are now posted and it is a VERY VERY exciting array of stallions that do NOT normally stand to outside mares!!!! This is your opportunity to have that very special mare of yours bred to a stallion that normally would not be available. Check them out at http://www.amhrstallionsweepstakes.com

Bidding will start on March 9 - and it is hosted right here on the Little Horse Barn Auction site!! HUGE Thank Yous to Lois Simons of Little Horse Barn, and to Lil Beginnings for helping with promotions!!

Hey Little Lady,

It came up fine for me, maybe try refreshing your page?

How do we sign up to be able to bid?? I'm probably looking right at it and not seeing it. LOL

Bidding will be at the link at top of this page - The Little Horse Barn Auctions!! Already have an account? Then you are all set. And I will be posting a direct link to each individual stallion's bidding page on the home page for the Sweepstakes on Saturday the 9th. But best to sign up early.

So is any one else staying up late tonight to see the Studs Sell ?!?! The bidding usually holds off till very last minute and is always a race to refresh the page and see the action! Even if you are not bidding, I know I have sat up on the phone with fellow horse lovers chatting back and forth as the bids come in.
default_smile.png

See update in my original post on page 1 !!!!!

Thank YOU to Debby Bowen of Lil Beginnings for all your help in promoting this Sweepstakes, and to Lois Simons of Lil Horse Barn Auctions for hosting it!!!

Last night was very exciting, there is always some bidding saved up for those last few hours.
default_smile.png

Back