Soft Ride vs Easy Boot

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GloriaJaney

Reaction score
Cuzco foundered this morning.
default_sad.png
Luckily we caught it very early, and with some ice baths on his feet throughout the day along with some anti-inflammatory and probiotics from the vet, he seems to be doing much better! He was even trying to trot a bit tonight before feeding, and he isn't laying down as much. He wants to walk out and play and everything, so I think he's going to be just fine with a bit of rest. Won't be showing next weekend though!!

So here's my question: The vet called a friend who brought over her mini-size Soft Ride boots to put on his front feet. They made a HUGE difference! He was happier immediately, and with a week or so of constant wear we should be in the clear. However, they are over $200 for a pair, and that's just not feasible for me right now. So I got to looking around the internet and found the Easy Boot, which claims to have the same inserts for laminitis as the Soft Ride boots, but they're about $40 for a pair on Ebay. If they truly are the same, I would obviously love to go with the more inexpensive boots.

Does anyone have any opinions/experience one way or the other with Soft Ride or Easy Boot? I would love to hear to help with my decision! Thanks!

Also, any opinions on Best Friend grazing muzzles? Are they worth the cost or will the regular cloth muzzle that I have be just as good?

I saw a pair of Soft ride boots that my vet had (they wouldn't fit my horse)...they looked different than a riding boot...they looked very soft...whereas the Easy boot is a tighter type fit and an insert would pad it, but I doubt as "soft" as the soft ride...which are therapeutic only, not for riding in as the name would suggest (per my vet anyways)...

Sandi

I purchased a pair of Soft-Ride boots for a pony I had that foundered. There are expensive, but if anything happens to them, they will replace them. My pony wore a hole in the side, it was odd, and they replaced them with no questions. I don't know about the Easy boot with the inserts, but the Soft Ride boots were well worth the cost for the 1 year recovery it took for my pony to get back to normal.

I have 2 Best Friend Muzzles and I really like them, they do hold up well to use, and the hole in the bottom takes longer to enlarge with use. The Tough-1 grazing muzzle had a larger hole in the bottom to start, but it's also has enlarged more over a few years.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a two pairs of soft rides - my kid likes them very much. Pretty easy company to work with. For her well worth the $200 (although I agree, it is pretty spendy). The only thing I have a love hate relationship with is the velcro. Love it cuz they are easy to put on, hate it because it collects shavings, etc.

I have had success with client's foundered horses using the Epona shoes. They work like heart bar shoes but without the weight. I've worked with a few vets and we usually use the Eponas.

Latest posts

Back