So whats the meanest thing someone has said to you? I think I have a winner here!!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Stories like this make me appreciate my animals even more.No nasty comments from them.I like my animals far better than most people I know.My way to deal with the nasty people is to avoid contact with them unless absolutely necessary.Give me my animals any day.

Stories like this make me appreciate my animals even more.No nasty comments from them.I like my animals far better than most people I know.My way to deal with the nasty people is to avoid contact with them unless absolutely necessary.Give me my animals any day.
I have to tell you I agree! This morning when I was doing chores I started to cry, so I sat on the ground doing my pitty party thing and Red(one of my minis) came right up to me just looking at me like I was nuts. So I started giving her little scritches under her mane and she started doing it right back to my head! I laughed so hard, she gave me the pick me up I needed! What a sweet girl
default_wub.png

Last edited by a moderator:
I have an evil nasty sister who has said horrible things to me and my other sister, so bad I don't even want to repeat them. She is an angry person, always has been...she is miserable and tries to make everyone around her miserable also...the only fortunate thing about both my parents passing away recently is I no longer have to have her in my life and I feel no remorse about that...bye bye witch! Ignore her Leya, you are beautiful, inside and out!

Love you Leya!
default_wub.png
Love you too Robin
default_cheekkiss.gif

I have an evil nasty sister who has said horrible things to me and my other sister, so bad I don't even want to repeat them. She is an angry person, always has been...she is miserable and tries to make everyone around her miserable also...the only fortunate thing about both my parents passing away recently is I no longer have to have her in my life and I feel no remorse about that...bye bye witch! Ignore her Leya, you are beautiful, inside and out!
Thank you Sonya, I will try, that kind of yucky stuff sticks with ya though, but I will try.. I know with time the hurtfulness of it will go away.

My sister outgrew her nastiness eventually; but 20+ years ago, I'd say you were describing my sister to a T.

My sister moved out of the house when she was still in high school, she came home to pick stuff up and walked in to the living room where I was watching TV and said "Well, aren't you fat", just what every teen girl wants to hear (especially one that is a bit overweight). [My sister was always stick thin, still is fairly thin.]

I am so sorry you had to experience this. Hugs to you!

I have a mother that I will never be good enough for.. Not girly enough, I'm gay, my succeesful career isn't good enough for her standards. She admits she is jealous of me at times because I am rather fearless. She's kind of a miserable person and I've always been her puppet - just hoping one day I will make her proud.

The other day she texted me she sent me an email, I was driving so I actually pulled over to read it because I knew it had to be another beat down from her.. Sure enough, in tears, I turned around and drove home instead of driving to where I had planned. Email basically said she is ashamed I am gay (I've been out for 8 years), will never tell anyone I am gay and said she is also glad my fiancé isn't pregnant - we've been trying since October and for the last few months have been trying with the help of a fertility clinic.

Hold your head up!

I know it's easier said than done, but whenever you come across one of these mean people, remind yourself that you can choose to leave and never see them again, but they are stuck with themselves as long as they live.

Another thing that might help: keep your ears open for other victims of vicious tongues and STAND UP FOR THEM, whether you know them or not. It's another method of passing it forward, and you will feel better for it.

I remembered something last night! My Jr. High french teacher once told me "you're turning into quite a porker". And I was like in a size 7 jr. jeans then... I sure won't ever fit into anything like that again!!! And I also remember her talking about old art and that a long time ago, heavier women were desireable, like _________________ and she pointed to and called out a female classmate. Wish I could remember that teacher's name (I do remember the classmate). That teacher was a total nut case!!!

And go figure, I remember nearly NO french.

I hear you Bev! the non-judgmental, positive affection from animals keeps a lot of us going!

Michelle I'm so sorry about what your Mom said. I don't know you but I can hear the pride and hope in your posts about the love you share with your partner and wanting to start a family. I can't understand how a mother could possible say that. She is missing out on so much and it sounds like she'll certainly miss out on her grand children. Please stand strong and don't let anyone beat you down. I hope before long you'll be announcing a baby on the way!!

Reactions: REO
{{{{Michelle}}}} Love you too!

{{{{HUGS}}}} to everyone who has been hurt by these damaged people that can't stand to see anyone happy, so they want to make you just as damaged as they are. Been fighting it my whole life.

We are GOOD just as we are and don't you forget it!

at gary's funeral, i had a woman come up to me and say "that's a lovely outfit. you should wear it when you start dating." i was so shocked, i didn't know what to say to her so i just walked away. to this day, i wonder what was going through her mind!

at gary's funeral, i had a woman come up to me and say "that's a lovely outfit. you should wear it when you start dating." i was so shocked, i didn't know what to say to her so i just walked away. to this day, i wonder what was going through her mind!
OMG!
default_doh.gif
You really have to wonder what was going through her mind.

I always try to put myself in anothers shoes and to understand why they are the way that they are, if you understand me, somtimes it works, but some people just don't understand how hurtful their words are, or their tone of voice, or just the body language involved with what they say. Anyhow, my father-in-law died in 1996, my mother-in-law couldn't care for herself so we moved her in here, we got along most of the time, but she could be very grumpy, and that is putting it nicely. I was still working when she moved in, but did everything for her. She did nothing, and I mean nothing. I stepped out of the hen house and broke my ankle. The ER doctor told me to go home stay in bed with it elevated to reduce swelling until I got in to the ortho doctor to have it set and put in a cast. This happened on a Fri. evening. Sunday morning I always cooked breatfast for evryone, she walks by my bedroom and says to my hubby I can make you breakfast if you want, but not for evryone, that is too much. It really hurt my feelings since I'd been cooking for her for years, all meals. I just let it roll off my back. She has passed now, colon cancer. In the end I did everything, even retired so I could care for her, driving her, feeding her, helping her get around, etc. The way I see it is, you can't fix these type of people, there must something deep inside of them for this behaviour, maybe it is pain, or maybe a defense mechanisim, who knows, I just try to stay away from them, and like Robin I hate leaving the farm, and like Bev. my snimals love me, fat, thin, wrinkled, crippled, whatever.

I can join this club easily.

I never could understand flat out being mean. I just don't get why some people have to say negative things unless they are unhappy with themselves maybe. I've had plenty of mean things said to me in my life. As far as weight goes, I've always been kinda thin-ish. When I got married I was something like 115 pounds soaking wet. Then something misfired and I won't go into it and I got bigger and bigger and bigger. And yes its true that when you gain weight your face is distorted and everything else so I don't need anyone to remind me or point that out because I am well aware of it. I've had a lot of comments like "What happened to you" and "Why did you do this to yourself" and "Why don't you do something about yourself" and it goes on and on. I'm not as sensitive to it as I used to be anymore but it still can get to me if I dwell on it. As a matter of fact I could look on the bright side and know that I'm strong like an ox and I can actually deck anyone that ticks me off if I want to........

Well, as long as you have horsey-kisses, you're o.k. And hopefully you had low calorie beer; if not, next time, you can get lite beer and have six of them.
default_spit.gif

You lovely, lovely ladies-don't let the 'bad" eggs in the world keep you from doing anything and everything you want in life. I grew up in such a dysfunctional home and heard many hurtful words, but despite my family putting me in those situations, one of the greatest things about them is that they really don't care what anyone else thinks of them, as long as they are happy. My mother used to embarass me so much, dancing and singing in public. Now I'll join in-we're both terrible, but when we're happy, who cares. More than likely, you will rarely, if ever, see those people again. People who judge others are the ones we should all feel sorry for, especially if they are judging on such superficial things. They are the ones worrying about ridiculous things that have little matter in the world. What society deems beautiful on the outside changes day to day, but beauty on the inside never does.

I think every person is the victim of hurtful words and sometimes all too often. Just a good reminder to use your words to brighten people's lives instead. I needed a reminder myself-life has been too stressful lately. Hugs to all!

My parents and I had a falling out....oh.....I guess it's been 40 years ago (I was quite young at the time). My father (who is a doctor) told me I'd never amount to anything, he wouldn't help support me (I was a teenager at the time) and if I ever got ill, not to go to his hospital because it would be too embarrassing for him. Whatever. So I haven't contacted him since then. Must have been 1976. They live in New Orleans. When Katrina hit, hubby said I should call to check to see if they were ok. I told him it wasn't a good idea but he sorta guilted me into it. So I call. My father answers, right? I ask how he is and he wants to know who is calling. I naturally say "It's Shelley". He tells me......wait for it.....I don't know anyone named Shelley. All righty then, if you don't remember having a daughter named Shelley, who am I to argue?

Sigh.

Haven't spoken to any of my family since then. Don't care to ever again.

I would have to say that it would be when I was told my daughter would be better off without me so she could be raised right.

Latest posts

Back