So what's new with everyone? I'd LOVE to hear some updates!!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It has been a weird season this spring. It got hot for a few days then frosted. My birds are just now molting and have had a late season hatching eggs. Hubby got me an incubator to speed the process along. My poor peacocks have already finished the season and dropped their tails so we only got a few chicks out of them. I keep finding lunar moths in their flight cage and I try to rescue them before they get eaten. My goose was sitting on a clutch of 19 eggs and only two hatched (all were fertilized) It got too cold and they died. Finally got the garden in (better late than never) will be finished planting corn today. Had to wait to mow the rye off of the fields. This bad winter screwed us, on what literally made 1500 bales we got 183. Makes me wanna puke. Had a virus go thru calf barn and lost 10 calves. Vet says everyone is losing some this year but its so heartbreaking. Horses are doing well, foals are coming along nicely, learning ground manners and to lead and we're getting some mares bred back for next year. Making progress on the barn renovation but its slow going. Got a neighbor to help mow and weedwhack the barn yard as it seems to get away from me so fast. I wish the hay fields grew like my lawn. Hubby got his new round baler so now he thinks he is king **** haying everything in sight, its so cute and good to see him excited about something. Maybe second and third cutting will come in nicer this year since he got first off early. Im now working on robbing all of the old gates out of the old heifer barn (now used for hay storage) to make a round pen for my new stud until I can afford to buy him a nice one, I just like mine to get turnout.
attachicon.gif
20140606_134214.jpg
attachicon.gif
20140505_110336.jpg
attachicon.gif
20140512_112148.jpg
Amysue! Are those baby cow's with blankeys on???? Oh my gosh are they sweet!
default_wub.png

Still Kickin! Last surgery I had, I was down for a month. Drs did an excellent job! I feel better now than I have in a loooong time. Got a promotion at work. Supervisor of Admissions and Registration at our local hospital. We were hit by a F1 tornado last Spring. Tore the roof up on our house. Dreamer is starting to slow down a bit. She is 27 this yr... sigh....Im Blessed for sure....

Dreamer... We keep her back hoof that you see at 4" long. That way she dont hobble so bad from the loss of the 2.5" of hip bone she lost when she dislocated her hip...

DSCN8587.JPG

Been awhile since I've been here or even posted! I saw this post and thought I'd chime in....

Deb and I just bought our first place together and closed in May. It is a 3 BR house on 2 acres and has a barn (which is basically a shell...needs stalls). I am loving it here...very private and peaceful (well, except when the dogs bark at the air...lol). We are down to 8 horses from our 16, so we didn't want a huge property, so 2 acres will work. It was our "5 yr anniversary gift" to each other.
default_smile.png

We have Jet in driving training and just attended our first show this year with 3 other horses...pleased with our results! One more show in July then Nationals!

Other than those things, not much going on...just living the good life in Florida!
default_smile.png

It has been a weird season this spring. It got hot for a few days then frosted. My birds are just now molting and have had a late season hatching eggs. Hubby got me an incubator to speed the process along. My poor peacocks have already finished the season and dropped their tails so we only got a few chicks out of them. I keep finding lunar moths in their flight cage and I try to rescue them before they get eaten. My goose was sitting on a clutch of 19 eggs and only two hatched (all were fertilized) It got too cold and they died. Finally got the garden in (better late than never) will be finished planting corn today. Had to wait to mow the rye off of the fields. This bad winter screwed us, on what literally made 1500 bales we got 183. Makes me wanna puke. Had a virus go thru calf barn and lost 10 calves. Vet says everyone is losing some this year but its so heartbreaking. Horses are doing well, foals are coming along nicely, learning ground manners and to lead and we're getting some mares bred back for next year. Making progress on the barn renovation but its slow going. Got a neighbor to help mow and weedwhack the barn yard as it seems to get away from me so fast. I wish the hay fields grew like my lawn. Hubby got his new round baler so now he thinks he is king **** haying everything in sight, its so cute and good to see him excited about something. Maybe second and third cutting will come in nicer this year since he got first off early. Im now working on robbing all of the old gates out of the old heifer barn (now used for hay storage) to make a round pen for my new stud until I can afford to buy him a nice one, I just like mine to get turnout.
attachicon.gif
20140606_134214.jpg
attachicon.gif
20140505_110336.jpg
attachicon.gif
20140512_112148.jpg
I would give my right arm for that BR7060 silage model right now. We have an older crop cutter model with the xtra wide head BR7060 and it has been a nightmare with auger wrapping this year. Somewhat better since we have just installed some later model wind row guards and put in new augers, but it is evidently something that occurs with the model we have. It is much better with the new guards and augers, but still have to get off the tractor more than we should. Thinking about trading it for the model you have right there. Let me know how your hubby likes the one you just got. We have heard great things about that model. If you have problems with the NH net wrap, try John Deere net wrap. Much better for us to use the green net on our model.

take care.

Picture this... rain coming... and having to get off the tractor and pull this mess out of the auger for every bale. sigh. took 3.5 hours to do 12 bales the other night... Have had the service guy out helping us modify our baler to upgrade to status of new balers. Your baler is awesome. IMG_0928.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
I had my first mammo since my partial mastectomy last summer. I was a tad anxious, but I got a clean bill of health. What a relief. I still go to my oncologist every 4 months and take tamoxifen. Supposedly, if I can go five years from the initial diagnosis then I'm considered "cured". One down, four to go.

I got back from state T-ball tournament this week. My grandson's team which is coached by my son won STATE! Woooooooooohoooooooo! I thought some of us parents and grandparents were going to have a heart attack during some of the games. It was very exciting. Several times we had to reassure one another with a shoulder pat and a reminder that "it's only T-ball." One night I had a large portion of the group come down to a restaurant near my RV park where I was staying to eat lots of crawfish and seafood outdoors where karaoke was set up. I found out that one of my cousins is a terrific singer. It was fun. The kids had a blast also.

Now this weekend we are back to working on projects to give our farm more curb appeal for the sale of it hopefully next year. We have friends from NW Arkansas coming in two weeks to stay with us so I am clearing out clutter. That seems to be a never ending project.

We just got done baling around 550 squares Friday and Saturday. We were late this year but better late then never! LOL!

Latest posts

Back