So.......Whatjadothisweekend?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marty

Reaction score
The heat was horrible, horrible, horrible, and dang near killed us all I swear. It hit 99 degrees up here which is insane and never happened before in the ten years we've been up here. I thought I would just die.
ohmy.gif
It's going to do it again today!
crybaby.gif

Due to the flooding rains last week, our pool has WORMS! So we can't go in it until we find a way to get them outta there!
shutup.gif

Our weekend began in the morning early when we did vaccinations. I make Jerry do the sticking.
biggrin.gif
This is finally going to be the last dang year when they are all spread out like this. That little stinker Baby Chrissy had to get stuck 4 dang times because of her kicking at the needle. I don't call her my "kicky baby" for nothing! She bent two needles, and caused us to drop one out on the ground. Bad girly. Ooh she was sooooo mad! But I swear she makes me laugh my head off she's so darn cute.
yes.gif
Some of the horses came at different times and all their vaccinations were so far apart, but finally we have them all done now so that in the early spring we can do them all at once now. They all got de-wormed and bridle paths and whiskars clipped.
yes.gif

When it was Sonny's turn I took one look at him and let out a big huge "OH MY GOSH"........I didn't notice it at breakfast, because he wasn't facing me when I dumped his grain, but when I brought him out for his vaccination, one of his eyes was so swollen that it was bugging out at me. Oh man, we are talking super gross here. No cut, no puncture, but he must have banged it on something or maybe even gotten stung by somebody out there. Scared the poopy outta me. I ran cold water on his head, and held a wet rag on it for a while, then I put some anti-biotic ointment in it and flipped him a bute, and put his fly mask on and this morning the swelling is pretty much gone.
frusty.gif
frusty.gif
frusty.gif
Thank heaven's for that one.
pray.gif
Blasted maniac horse will be the death of me yet, but gosh I love that old boy.

I had every intention of bathing everyone but I only got Sonny and Holly bathed. Everyone else just got by with a quick rinse off because I was getting sick in the heat. I always get sick in the heat.
smileypuke.gif
So today, I'll be doing full baths hopefully as long as I last out there.

Jerry and the boys put the round pen back up, but it's only half the size as it was before we took it down due to construction. The guy that bulldozed the pad for it made it too small. It's way too small for me, only like 30 feet so I probably won't use it much, except for an extra pen.
no.gif

There is no news to report on Holly unfortunately. There has been no change in her at all. Her milk bag is not growing, she is feeling good though. Loves the attention she is getting and even got Jerry to sit with her yestarday in the shade talking about the little baby,
517.gif
and give her a lot of treats and loving from him. I know he kissed her on the nose but for pete's sakes don't tell anyone that he did that.
wub.gif

For those that have been showing, I gotta express my deepest respect for you guys that are out there working yourselves in this heat and still mange to have your horse's perform and be in top shape. You work so darn hard, you deserve to take a bow.
worshippy.gif
worshippy.gif
worshippy.gif

So, whatdidjadothisweekend?
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Well , my weekend was a mixed bag. Shain was helping me dump wheelbarrows and didn't fasten the break away properly. We went to town for Pizza and when I got back I noticed Missy was just whinneying to beat the band, I tell Shain I'll be right back and go see what the trouble was.

TROUBLE was the 3 girls were out loose in the back behind the stallion pen almost to the 2nd field.
new_shocked.gif
SO I run ( I can run I discovered ain't adreneline great!) and get the cookie jar and a lead line..OH SHOOT... I don't turn my kids out with halters anymore remember...okkkkkkkkk...I have my leadline and a cookie jar..surely they'll come along right?

Thera hears the rattle of the beloved cookies and they all come a runnin. I put the lead around her neck and we walk back to the breakaway and in she goes. Cool, turn to Treasure and she's say ARE YOU NUTS!? Off she and Halley go.

SO...off I trudge again and get Halley with the lead and she goes in. Good. Treasure is up on the manure mountain. I can get her right? Wrong. By this time she has figured out she is FREE. She loves it and no darn cookie is gonna tempt her nor is my cussing or sweet talking. She's headed off into the deep woods
new_shocked.gif
BUT she takes a turn into this alcove Bob has dug into the manure mountain whilst building my rock gardens. I pounce. (now picture this old lame broad pouncing) and snag that long lovely mane and hold on for dear life as I wrap the lead line into a halter.

Now here comes old Shain. What are YOU doing.
wacko.gif
"Gee hon, can you go to the break away and stand ready for me to get Treasure back in?" "Ok" he says, "but how did she"... ME "just go to the break away and wait please?"
wacko.gif

I get her there and all 300? lbs of 36" horse just plants. Ain't no way no how she's going back in, not to mention the other kids are figuring they should go back OUT cuz there is all thast nice green soft lush grass. SO I go into the paddock and yell at the other kids and threaten bodily harm to any who figure on abandoning paddock..they rarely hear me yell so they step wayyyy back.

Shain opens the break away wide and I pull and he pushes and nothing. I tell him pinch her butt so hard. He does and she jumps and while she'd off the ground I pull and finally she's in. Puff puff.

Then she looks at me like... what!
unsure.gif
Where is the cookie lady? Needless to say they got cookies and I fixed the broken exit and reminded my son kindly the lesson of follow through to be sure every thing is DONE whilst doing any job. Sigh, SO I spent the rest of the weekend being very cross cuz I can barely move. Oh well, what's new right?

All's well in the hollow. They';re gone back to work and I'm enjoying the quiet hollow once again. Gotta go clean stalls now. How was your weekend?

Forgot to mention that good old Keesha stayed where she belonged with the 2 babies while the others were bad, I knew she'd be the best babysitter. She got 3 cookies!

Oh, forgot...good thing! I'm doing my cupboards! Got the island painted and the doors polyed. I took pics and will come back and show y'all.

Last edited by a moderator:
My horse won Supreme! That's the first time I ever won it! Very exciting, I dropped the trophy, the judge laughed at me, but he said it was good that I was excited.

I also got to show a yearling filly of Relic's, the combined classes and they ended up with two fillies in the same class, she's a beautiful filly and won Grand Champion Junior Mare under both judges.

The rest of the show went really well too, one of our other geldings won both Grand Champion Country Pleasure Driving under both judges, my brothers gelding, only his second show in harness, got a first in Youth Single Pleasure and placed well in his other classes. Plus, had lots of good visiting time!

I traded in my 1/2 ton 4x4 chevy for a 3/4 ton 4x4. Knew if I were serious about showing I needed something that could pull the 2 horse loaded and carry a pickup camper so bit the bullet. With the employee discount thing going was only 33.00 a month more than the 1/2 ton and it has all the bells and whistles.

Cleaned house/barn/weeded gardens and hung a hammock and actually laid in it for 1/2 hour (heaven). Had to take today off to bath horses.

Last edited by a moderator:
Marty, you need a house over here for the summer!! Much cooler.

Lets see,, Bought a wonderful Fjord mare on Sat.

Next day, took Hubby and Son to the Portland Zoo.

This morning Donkey stepped on my foot ~ ~Och ~~ Sigh......

Think she wanted me to itch her more, but sure didn't happen after she did that, silly creature.

I get to go to BIG VALLEY!!!!!!!!!!!! Its a huge country music festival held about an hour away from where I live. My whole town pretty much goes and camps out there so it is just one heck of a good party time! I can't wait!

Dee

SATURDAY: i turned in coco's fair papers and took him to the vet to get some shots for the fair and a checkup. Then i went with a friend to get her license since she was using my car ....(she failed
no.gif
). Then mom and i went to Ryans Buffet and ate. Yum best food ever there. Then took coco for a walk and let him go swimming some. Then he and i hung out in the pasture for a while and played.

SUNDAY: cleaned stalls, headed over to TSC to get some more Fly spray bc there getting horriable. Went with my brother to look at trucks at Dodge and Ford. We just got a new horse trailer which is a 5th wheel and we need a trick w/ a 5th wheel. Got one at Dodge which bill (big bro) went to pick up this morning. I cant drive it bc its not automatic ....
rolleyes.gif
. I killed the engine in his last truck
aktion033.gif

Thats about it ...oh yes and i slept in REALLLLY late all week end since i only have a couple more weeks untill ...dare i say it ....SCHOOL at 8am. uhhhh 2 more years!

We spent 5 days upstate working on our cabin - so far this summer we have completed both full baths and as of yesterday morning our bedroom is complete
biggrin.gif
It is coming along and we figure by 2007 it may be done (we can only work weekends and can't get up from Dec - April so we are doing good.

We also went to the ice cold river to swim with the boys every afternoon. Aspen (our Golden) decided to chase a porkupine but lucky for us she didn't get it
new_shocked.gif

If you want to see our progress check out

http://camprunningbear.4t.com/

I am glad Holly didn't have that baby while I was out of town the first thing I did was jump online and search for your posts
yes.gif

Dee said:
I get to go to BIG VALLEY!!!!!!!!!!!! Its a huge country music festival held about an hour away from where I live. My whole town pretty much goes and camps out there so it is just one heck of a good party time! I can't wait!Dee

432814[/snapback]

My grandparents are going to be there with their hitch, be sure and go visit!

Latest posts

Back