So..... what has my foal been eating....

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Calekio

Reaction score
Prince is just coming up 3 months old.

Dad is smaller than mum....

So where's he hidden the grow bag!
default_rolleyes.gif

P8081389.jpg

OMG!!!!! He is sure going to be a [SIZE=18pt]BIG BOY[/SIZE]
default_new_shocked.gif
:shocked Any other bigger horses in the bloodlines? Very cute guy though...love those pintos
default_wub.png
:wub
default_wub.png

Nope... can't work out where this height has come from.....

Mum is 33.5", dad is 33".. both have miniature breeding all under 34" for a good 3 generation or more back...

Prince is currently stood at 29" tall! Taller than my yearling!

Very pretty little guy!
default_laugh.png
I have one of those big boys too! Both Spots parents were around 33", and he was right around 33" -34" when he came to me at 5 months old. The last time I measured him, which was probably a couple months ago, he stood 38 1/4" at 2 years old!
default_wacko.png
I love that he grew though, I'm very happy with his height!

Pictures093z.jpg

wow..he IS a big boy..maybe he is just a fast starter and will slow down...I too have a big one here HE is at 2 months old. running along side 35 inch his black mama...go figure..eh?

IMG_1250.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I am glad to see this posting as well. I have a filly that is just over 3 months old and she is 33" -- dam is 36" and sire is 30" so I expected she would mature a tall B based on dam's side but she has really shot up there... I am hoping she will slow down so that she doesnt go over
default_smile.png

He is a big boy! Don't the mares look awkward trying to comfortable to feed. Not to mention the foals who almost have to get down on their knees to reach the milk bar!

My Willow is the same. Born at around the 20 inch mark and has not stopped growing. Her mother was 34 inches, her Dad was 31 inches.

Willow at 11 months old would already be around 33 inches.

I don't understand where her height came from either. Must be a throw back to generations past.

I really don't mind what size package she comes in.
default_wub.png

I know how all of you feel! I needed a stallion that would add some leg, so searched long and hard for just the right boy. I LOVE this guy, but I will be on pins and needles until he tops out. At 4 months, he measures 29 1/2". Hope he squeeks in at 34" at maturity.

3mo2_small.jpg

Latest posts

Back