So Proud!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

A Yankee In NC

Reaction score
PICT3210.jpg
[SIZE=10pt]I know that most of you here are seasoned veterans of the mini world...[/SIZE]

and this may seem silly.....

But! Stuart, a yearling, (my first and only as of yet mini) had his feet trimmed for the first time since I got him...AND...

He was such a good boy! I fully expected him to behave in an unruly manner as he is not yet gelded and can be quite mouthy.

However, he made me very proud!
default_aktion033.gif
He stood like a nice young stud and let the farrier do his job. I do pick his feet at least 2 times a week. The farrier stated that he felt that doing the regular picking is great and that is probably why he stood so well.

I know that most of you probably think I am being silly...but Stuart came to me with almost no manners at all and I have worked hard to get him to lose several bad habits...like biting, jumping up on me and chewing on my shoes. :DOH!

I am enjoying mini horse ownership more than I can express in words.
default_wub.png

He is a great little horse. I can only imagine that after he is gelded that he will be one heck of a mini!

You should feel proud! Especially since Stuart was not mannerly when you got him.

My gelding was quite an embarrassment the first couple of times my farrier came out.
default_no.gif
He was fine with me working on him, but very naughty for anyone else - not a very trusting soul, to this day, but of course we're working on that. Now that he knows the routine, he's great for the farrier, but it took some time to get to this point.

So, bravo to you and Stuart. (Who is a major cutie, by the way!)

PS Risha still chews on my shoes...and he's 4 now.
default_wacko.png

What a good boy! And handsome too. That is my favorite color.

One of mine likes to put his mouth on the trimmer's back as she is working. I don't understand why this makes her nervous...
default_yes.gif

Latest posts

Back