SO Proud of my boy!!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GlacierRidge

Reaction score
So life has its way of sometimes getting away from ya...and driving Magic had been put on the back burner. I hadn't driven him in over a year, until today. He hitched up and drove off like he's been driving regularly in all that time! What makes it feel even better is that I did the training on him myself.

Did a lot of ground driving with just the harness first today, just to make sure, then the empty cart, before getting in...but he just did his job like he's been doing it every day. Was a very short drive, as he's out of shape and didn't want him to get too tuckered out! But he sure got treats and lovin's after that! If I didn't have my hands full...I'd have taken some pics. That little boy looks so handsome...I did take some pics later today of all of my critters....just not in harness.

My project for this year is my 40" grullo pony gelding, Merlin. He's 3 this year....but I'd like to get him started ground driving, as I'd like to drive him some day too! Gonna look mighty sharp in front of that cart, he will!

The minds of these boys....... Magic is the first mini I ever bought. Bought him because he was A)really cheap and available, and close by, and B) because my son, I thought, would have fun with a little horse his size at the time. Little did I know that one mini was going to turn into having 5 of the little beggers, and selling off a bunch of big horses! =)

Angie

Way to go
happy0064.gif
happy0064.gif
happy0064.gif

Awesome!! Magic sounds like a keeper. It does make it even sweeter when you've done it yourself.

Good luck with the pony!

How fun! It would be interesting to see a photo journal of your progress with your new project
default_smile.png

I will see what I can do! A photo journal would be fun! Maybe "blog" about it....hmmmm. Just his personality...he might be a little more...um...fun...no...interesting! But, he's also very eager to please, and not a whole lot phases him...so I do think he'd make a good driving prospect! Magic was older when I started him, and I'd actually been working on the ground work off and on for years (because I didn't have a harness and cart yet, so used what I had!), so he was well prepared by the time I bought them.

But I'm just so proud....I have a mini donkey who drives too...she's very fun to drive, but she can be quite temperamental for the harnessing/hitching. So I haven't driven her much lately...been working on manners outside of driving. So far...not getting anywhere. SHe's...well...a donkey!
default_rolleyes.gif

Angie

[SIZE=12pt]Wow Angie, Magic sure sounds like a good boy!
default_wub.png
[/SIZE]

And him being so good after such time shows you did his training very well.
default_wink.png

Off to the photo forum to see your other pictures...
default_laugh.png

Latest posts

Back