So how has everybody been? Are you all ready for Christmas??

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm gonna guess the mice did that because of the move towards more recyclable goods. You know, like your car's wiring. Yes, they love the covering on the wiring. Insurance covers it, the first time. After that, the thousands of dollars of repairs are yours.

Might be cheaper to go with a live Christmas tree, of course we are partial since we sell them. They are a crop grown for this purpose, not taken from the wild. The key is to go to a farm and cut your own, the trees in those lots were cut months ago, that is why they blow needles all over right at the start. Fresh trees don't do that.

Our tree? Um. Welll, not up yet. Sold plenty though!
Wish we could cut a pretty, fresh tree here. The only kind that grow here on tree farms are scotch pines. They are too dense for fun decorating. Many here use the native red cedar (a juniper) but I am sensitive to them, and they are prickly. We always buy a "fresh" tree, and we feel lucky if it lasts until Christmas. Maybe you can tell me why they are cut so early? I'm sure it's transportation/distribution, but if tomatoes and other fresh produce can travel quickly, it would be nice if trees could also.

It's also a labor and weather problem as you can't get loads of people to cut and net up trees last minute in the cold, then deal with maybe ice and snow. They cut late summer and fall and put the trees in nets and sink them in lakes.

For that fresh look, they paint them what you will now instantly see is a fake "natural" green that doesn't exist in nature, especially this time of year. We have had people question the color, and they were surprised to learn that was how they are supposed to look. Some tree farms even paint their trees.

Scotch are good trees, but what we sell are Canaan fir. They smell wonderful and hold ornaments well.

We mail trees to family in Oregon and Boston so they get a taste of home.

Thank you MadMax that was sweet
default_wub.png

Latest posts

Back