so glad I found you!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ty Jax.

maybe when I post pictures next week we will see some change. her udder continues to grow..just soft though and mostly in front but now around and in back a bit. Nipples not quite so tightly inward. I tried very hard to feel the baby move today..and nothing. Wish i would feel it. It would make me feel so much better.

will take pictures next weekend..maybe then we will see a change

i do see some udder filling but she has some way to go id say..but you never can tell..shes a pretty girl and its great that youv built her confidence in you..the baby will show when its ready.. id say enjoy the quality time together before shes otherwise occupied
default_yes.gif

here is a picture of my mares udder the day she foaled

263219_2133961083083_5066302_n.jpg

thanks all

as per your picture Lindi loo I think it is safe to say we have a ways to go. I will enjoy our alone time, never thought about that, Bonding will be harder with a baby around.

also Diane None of the other signs you have mentioned are around. Her vulva is pink and no flaccidity at tail head.

Maybe she won't go till March or so..would be a little nicer weather here so that would be good.

It'll get here when it gets here. If I have waited 17 years for a foal whats a little more time? UGH
default_smile.png

has to be said my girl is a chunk and your girl may never look like a cow off to the dairy lol..its an exciting time and deff a time to be enjoyed..its a great future ref too for any future foals taking photos...as we know all to well every mare is diff..im sure the new baby will be well worth waiting 17 years for
default_yes.gif
its going to be one gorgeous bundle of joy

cant wait to see those new pictures of her belly all clipped and her udder
default_aktion033.gif

. Hi LL. good to see you again:>)

i was not going to put up more pictures as it hasn't been a week. But since I shaved her belly and udder I decided to go ahead and get some for reference.

please excuse the mud..It is PITIFUL here. Under all that fur I have discovered she is really kind of a petite lil thing. I can see a pretty big difference in the amount of swelling in her udder.

so here for your pregnancy determination is Misty. AGAIN lol

teatsx.JPG

above.JPG

bellyrtside.JPG

belly leftside.JPG

belly.JPG

privates.JPG

teatsdf.JPG

i know! love it..next mini will be a silver dapple too. or maybe this baby, if it is a baby will be silver dapple..that'd be awsome! I went and viewed the fist udder shots in this thread...anyone else see a big change??

Lol, Lindi-loo, that is the view I got when disgusted after 11 weeks of exhausting first time me stopped at the gate, I don't know why, stomped back to Missymama, lifted her tail and there was the view! It wasn't her fault. We just didn't know the exact date she was bred. Her bag was not there 4 hours earlier, lesson learned.

My edit didn't show, just wanted to say that Missy never showed any of the signs of impending foaling, nothing, nada. I had a list from this site and looked in earnest every day lol.

Crisco41 she is colored exactly like Lily!

Last edited by a moderator:
castle rock..so does that mean you think she is bred? previous owners said that she had started the front swelling 2 weeks before I got her. I got her dec 20th. Only the front was swollen then. The rest started swelling about a week after I got her. Does this help at all in determining what stage of pregnancy she may be at? and do you all think she even is? All that hair made her look a lot bigger then she was under it. And she does have a lot of mud on her udder. My apologies thanks Lori

Last edited by a moderator:
She definitely looks like she has somethng happening in there and if its as cute as mumma , and I am sure it will be you will be one happy lady ...xx

Oh WOW
default_aktion033.gif
:yeah ...She looks fab under all that hair..never expected to see anything that obvious..beautiful dapples how lucky are you ..you must be even more excited now youv seen her colouring and her big belly..shes just gorgeous..keep watching for those lil hooves waving to you from inside
default_wub.png

no change with Misty, I did finally find some fescue free hay (bermuda) and scheduled an appt with our vet for friday. Not sure if she will palpate, ultra sound or just examine. will let you know what she says.

praying vet will confirm we will be having a baby. I will be soooo dissapointed if I have to wait another 17 yrs. Misty remains unchanged. She is very frisky and naughty with the change of weather. Tried line driving her and she wanted to buck and snort. We ended up doing some lunging. BAd frisky miini mare.

vet palpated....said she has done over 500 minis...and there is no baby. I am so dissapointed. I jusy finished the babies foal blanket today. Sigh I cannot go another 17 yrs with out a foal..i can ot i can ot i can not

ya'll keep your eyes open for me.I must have a baby

Sorry to hear about your news
default_sad.png
Is there anychance the baby might've been out of reach?

Back