so glad I found you!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am new to this. But she is the best vet around with 20 yrs experience. She said she found it all (ovaries etc and there is no baby) I am surprised. I went in to find out when Misty was due more or less..never thought she would not be in foal.

Anyone know of a rescue baby? rescue mare in foal? the folks I got her from feel terrible. They bought her as bred also. I am not upset withthem. They seem to be a nice family and genuinely feel badly/. They are going to a sale in march and looking for a reg stud. They said they would breed Misty for free. Guess it will depend on if they find one and what they bring home...Not sure I am willing to wait. I have my foaling kit all ready, been watching all the videos, found fescue free hay, started her on mare and foal feed, finsihed the foals warm up blanket, got the straw, been checking her everyday...and now no foal. I was so excited, and so were my grand kids. I do not think i am going to wait.

Do you wanna throw a little more money at the mare vet said was open, you can always try a Wee Foal 120, just in case vet missed it? Something to think about.

chanda

..I am not against spending the money for the wee foal..I just don't think the vet could be mistaken. How often does a good vet miss a foal with a good palpation? I specifically sheduled with her because I know she is the best around. I know errors can be made.even with a good vet .but does anyone know what the chances of not feeling a foal during the latter trimester?

Supposedly the stud was removed in the beginning of summer. But we really dont know for sure. Which means the least she could be(tentatively) would be around 7 months.

I am decreasing her food..as if she is not bred she doesn't need all the extras. If her udder continues to grow then I will know she is not just fat! Not goona hold my breath that this was a midiagnosis though. i just can't see how my vet could be wrong.

That far along probably not that likely the vet missed a pregnancy by palpation, I don't know if a foal can be far enough over the pelvic rim to be completely unreachable. [There are no vets around here willing to palpate a mini.] It was just a thought, since you were hoping she was.

Ohh No
default_sad.png
so dissapointing for you ..at least now you know that there isnt a foal and can move on to the next plan of action..you obviously want a foal badly so keep looking..one will come your way
default_yes.gif
.. but i woud be looking for a another mare as company (good excuse) in foal..i wish you were closer to me there are so many looking for homes here atm going for peanuts most for free..you will find your dream.. you have to keep searching..its not the end.. just a new begining..good luck
default_thumbup.gif

Hi Chrisco,, that is soooo sad . As you know Molly recently lost her foal and I did everything and was soooo excited and then my little filly was gone
default_sad.png
..... I still have my Molly and I am greatful but there is a sadness that will never leave, so I know your pain...I hope you find another pregnant mare that needs saving and loving as you sound like a wonderful mummy...xx.. good luck and we hope its a better result and to the sceptics.... yeah I would wanna do a wee test too just to be sure ...lol... but yes the vet is probably right
default_sad.png

I will be starting new posts for the aunties..as I THINK I am expecting 2 foals:>))

I was thinking to put them separate to keep it easier to keep straight. DO you think that would be best?

Lord help me..I went shopping today.....................................

well really 3 and a filly. And yes I am done.

Jewel will be coming home after her ultra sound

and today I went and looked at a little mare herd of minis. I got a 7 yr old amha dunalino and her blue eyed cremello filly.

and an amhr pinto mare 9 yrs that is looking bred to me. Seller said she has seen the baby move..course I HAVE heard that before. These horses were rescued by the lady. They are not the quality of jewel..at least the bred mare isn't, but she is cute and they needed a home. I was thrilled to get them

So yes............you could say that
default_whistling.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
I think keeping it all in one thread helps, then all your horses are together. Just have to remember to call the horses by name (and pictures) to help keep them straight. Speaking of which, can't wait to see your new herd. [And, I saw your post on the main forum, I like your logic... 1 full size = 5 minis. Hubby said 4 minis at one time; but since I own larger minis, I usually say 3. But, stick to your 5.
default_wink.png
]

Last edited by a moderator:
WOW!! This is all very exciting!! Now we require names and pictures so we can get to know all your new babies.
default_yes.gif

Congratulations!!

Tell more .........what sizes are they .......and what was daddy's of the two baby's.

I can't believe you got five wow I love it.
default_smile.png
I only have one. Maybe when kids leave home I can get another,

Will have to see what hubby says. Till than my little girl gets all the love and kisses.

Hi Lori, I have just read through your thread and I was so surprised to read how your only mare has just become a member of a herd
default_new_rofl.gif
That is just so typical of these minis. We all started out with just one so start being really nice to hubby cos you may well have 20 soon.
default_whistling.gif

I wish you all the best and am praying for the safe arrival of your foals.

Renee

Congratulations on your new girls! Looking forward to seeing them. I like that logic about 5 minis = 1 full size; I will have to try that on my hubby!
default_laugh.png

Latest posts

Back