So bummed

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dixie_belle

Reaction score
Last Friday the local elementary school was having a Veterans Day Parade and we were asked to bring our antique vehicles to the parade. Well, we had just done that last year on the last day of school. So we decided to be a tad different and we took our smallest little mini, Peanut. He is white so we tied blue and red ribbons in his hair, crepe paper around his (very ample) middle and put red and blue bath scrunchies in his tail. (I had hoped that would look like flowers from a distance, but NOOOOO, they looked like bath schrunchies no matter how far away you were.) I thought he was pretty cute. Hubby followed along behind us with a shovel and a garbage can pretending to scoop the inevitable poop and then throw it on the kids. (Sorta like the Boston Globetrotters!) The kids howled when they saw Peanut and went crazy with laughter over hubby. So today the local paper comes out and I read with interest that the Shriners were at the parade and had thoughtfully brought a "pony". Sigh. Now, we have no kiddos in school anymore, we did this just because we love the kids and wanted to make the day memorable. It might have been nice to have gotten a tad of credit for lugging him there.

I'm sorry this happened to you. We have done this before when we take our little ones to volunteer events. We call the local paper after and make an announcement. Since we've done this many times, back in 2004 the paper actually sent out a reporter and photographer and took pictures. We ended up on the front page! Make a phone call and get yourself noticed!

You need to call the paper and TELL THEM. They won't know until you do. Plus, then they can print a correction in the paper and you'll get your due!!
default_smile.png

I have to add, our paper is hysterical. When we make the paper, it's always "Springtown's own", as if the town got credit on our Minis, too! This isn't the only pic they have of us, they really like it when we do parades!!

bucknewspaper_0003.jpg

Papers and news reports always get it wrong, no matter what it is. You can try to infoem them, it doesn't mean you will be able to contact someone that actually cares. We had dealings locally...There was an elderly man that was terminally ill, went in the woods hunting, but didn't come out. My husband and father knew his approx. where abouts based on where his vehicle was and who he was last with. Well he was on our property, he had apparently given up on life. His hunting clothes were neatly folded by his side, he was down to his pants, a thermal shirt and stocking feet. He went there to die. You know our sick sick sick local cops and search and recovery crews chose to parade him across several acres of land to exit the woods in a development where a news crew and reporters were waiting rather than bring him straight down our private property where an existing path was already located. Not one station or paper had the story right, we just figured correcting them on such a sad and morbid discovery would make us just as wrong.

I shoot competitivly, and this summer, I went into International Skeet. After 1 out of 2 rounds, I had the biggest headache in the world, and I just couldnt stand the pounding of my shotgun anymore. After an interview with the reporter, who couldnt be a couple of years older than me, the newspaper said that i "quit" because I "didnt like it".....
default_doh.gif

Latest posts

Back