SNL...last night

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sonya

Reaction score
I do like Sarah Palin, but that skit was hilarious! I love watching political skits on SNL and presidential blunders, even if they are making fun of a person I admire....Tina Fey nailed it....she looked and sounded just like her. Oscar worthy...for sure!

I admire Bush (not about everything so don't attack me)...but I just love watching his blunders too and yes, he has given us tons of material...

After all they are all human and say/do stupid/silly things at time...that goes for all politicians...it seems to be a prerequisite! I think it's good to laugh at ourselves...and others!
default_biggrin.png

I hope others were not offended by it, I think it's good to laugh...I wasn't offended and I admire Palin.

here is the youtube link if you haven't seen it SNL

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Sonya. Video is no longer.........claim from NBC Univeral.

We had power outage I couldn't watch. What happen Sonya?

Anita

they took it off already...wow! It was funny, I have to admit. They poked fun at Sarah and Hillary, more Sarah than Hillary....It conveyed that Hillary was mad about not being the first woman in the white house...it poked fun at the Bush Doctrine and the I can see Russia from Alaska comment. It had Palin blowing kisses to the camera and doing beauty type queen poses, at one point making a pose like she was handling a rifle...Palin asked people to please stop photoshopping her face onto bikini clad bodies. And Hillary asked people to quit calling her names (ones I probably shouldn't type on here)...the best part was that Tina Fey who portrayed Palin, looked and sounded exactly like her...it was amazing, the way she talked and her mannerisms, dang near identical. Hillary...it was the same lady who has played Hillary for the past couple years...she did a good job, but could not compare to the job the lady did playing Palin. She doesn't quite look like Hillary and her voice is different than Hillary's, but it was still good.

It was all in good fun and I laughed my butt off! There is of course a time/place to make fun of our politicians...and nobody does it better than SNL.

I watched it. It was totally funny. I really enjoyed it and was impressed with Michael Phelps too. He did good! (I'm taking it that he stepped up when Obama cancelled due to Hurricane Ike)

Actually, Charley - Michael Phelps was always scheduled to be the host. Obama was just going to be a guest - as he has done before.
default_smile.png

And the Sarah Palin/Hillary skit was hilarious - I loved it! Both Amy & Tina nailed it... good stuff. Maybe Sarah Pailin will be on SNL at some point - the way Hillary, Obama and McCain have.

Here it is on the Wall Street Journal website...
default_laugh.png

http://blogs.wsj.com/washwire/2008/09/14/t...-to-play-palin/

And at NBC...

http://www.nbc.com/Saturday_Night_Live/vid...ry-open/656281/

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back