Smithville Fair-fun at a local fair!!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

justanothercowgirl

Reaction score
Smithville fair hosted its first miniature show today, it was a great day and we all had so much fun!!
aktion033.gif
aktion033.gif
The show was very well run, everything went smoothly, the judge was John Wills and he did a great job. What a professional judge, who took the time to take a close look at everyone's horses and also to give encouragement to the youth.

My niece Rachel showed both of my boys today, this was her second show and she is hooked!!! Rachel, who is seven came home with a third in multi-color, second in solid, first in showmanship(12and under) and first in costume. She was alone in showmanship and her pattern was quite a sight, we really have to work on how to go in a straight line. When she was done her pattern she had to ask me over the rail what her number was(even though she was the only entry)
laugh.gif
!! She was so proud of her ribbons, you can't wipe the smile off her face.
biggrin.gif
My sister-in-law took some pics of Rachel but I don't have them yet.

I had a great day too, my boys were grand and reserve geldings under. Kristin(MyLilShowGirl) showed my boy, Bud and was Grand with him and I showed my new gelding Steve and was reserve with him. I haven't haltered Bud this year since I chose to use Steve so he isn't nearly in halter shape(fat) but Kris won with him anyway!! I also was second in open halter obstacle(Bud) and won ladies driving(Steve).
biggrin.gif

We took 13 horses from our barn today so it got a bit hectic so not much chance to get pictures but here's one that Kris took quickly outside the showring. Bud is the solid and the pinto is Steve.
budandsteve.jpg

[SIZE=14pt]your boys looked awsome!!you did a good job!!(so did kriss)and I watched your neice she is a show girl in the making!!lol!!![/SIZE]

Yahoo!! It was a great day..and very fun!
yes.gif

I had soo much fun driving (this was my 2nd time drivin' the ring)! Before I always said it "wasnt my forte" but I think I might be getting [slowly] hooked on the driving part!
rolleyes.gif
uhhooo
unsure.gif

I had a good day too going Reserve Champion Stallion, and 1st in my obstacle class
aktion033.gif

Here is another pic of Bud...

665506ac.jpg

-Kris
saludando.gif

[SIZE=14pt]Such a pretty boy.....Pam doesnt look bad either!!lol![/SIZE]

CONGRATULATIONS!
aktion033.gif
I love to hear when people actually have FUN at a show!
wink.gif
You boys looked great!
yes.gif

Thanks guys! Trystin, Roy looked good out there today!!! Glad to see you out to another show!!
aktion033.gif
I am definately going to get a pic of your "grooming shirt" to post here on the forum LOL
new_shocked.gif

Congradulations!  Sorry I missed it
Tiffany, you have got to get rid of that weekend job!!!

I had soo much fun driving (this was my 2nd time drivin' the ring)! Before I always said it "wasnt my forte" but I think I might be getting [slowly] hooked on the driving part!  uhhooo 
hee hee Kris, you are hooked!!! You looked fantastic out there with Steve, looked like a pro!!!

[SIZE=14pt]my 'grooming shirt' is very fashonable!!!in a way of its own!LOL!Roy looked good but was a lil crazy
wacko.gif
!!Silly boy!!I will be at binbrook 2 but not with the Royscle.Had LOADS of fun!!Watching the big draft horses was kewl to (roy was fascinated at the big horses, witch he finaly excepted were bigger then him!)
[/SIZE]

Last edited by a moderator:
Way to go, CONGRATS to ALL who participated. Your horses look quite smart looking, and I am sure you are to blame
smile.gif
I am glad you had fun.

I think we need to have a look at the grooming shirt eh!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, congratulations!! I think this is the show your dad asked us about going to?? However, we never got any info on it. BUT today was Mount Forest Fair-- a great day & a lot of fun. Glad your show was a success. HOrses looked great-- nice pic of Pam as well !!

Hey guys,

Sorry I didn't make it!

You all did great & Pam your guys look amazing!

Was Devin& wee-man there?

Congrats to every one
aktion033.gif
aktion033.gif

I'm sure to make the next one!

Great Jobs!

Kris, did you take loco?

Des

Desiree,

No, Devin wasnt there..and yes, I brought Loco.

-Kris

Congrats to all those who attended the Smithville mini show! Sorry we missed it. Isn't it great that there are so many shows in our area? And sometimes you've got two to chose from!! Hope to make it next year!

Sandy

Desiree, Devon was at the Smithville show but I'll let her tell you how Wee did.

I am trying to get rid of the weekend job- but have to keep stashing cash for the farm and then it will be stash the cash for the horsies and sooner or later I can quit and show on the weekends and have lots of fun with you guys-
risa_suelos.gif
risa_suelos.gif
risa_suelos.gif
risa_suelos.gif
until then I half to live through everyone else shows ups and downs.
laugh.gif
It sounds like everyone had a good showing this weekend.

Tiffany

You guys were conspicuous by your absence at the Orangeville fair yesterday, since almost everyone was there! Glad you had such a good day! I hope somehow the dates won't clash next year so that we can all attend both fairs.

[SIZE=14pt]Was Orangville good??Sounds like fun!!To far to ship roy boy though (it is a little stressfull on him).Smithville was still fun!!Wish Roy had more competition in the jumping!!But he likes it and seems to enjoy it!!I think my 'grooming shirt' is camera shy....flash scares it.....[/SIZE]

sunny said:

You guys were conspicuous by your absence at the Orangeville fair yesterday, since almost everyone was there! Glad you had such a good day! I hope somehow the dates won't clash next year so that we can all attend both fairs.
Hey Judy, we chose the show closer to home(gas prices) and of course we wanted to support Smithville fair so that hopefully they will continue to have a show for us!! Quite a good turnout especially considering there were three shows all on the same day and this being the first mini show for Smithville. There was even some new faces there!!
aktion033.gif
Unfortunately on more than one occasion this year we have show dates that conflict with each other. Like you, I would like to see these overlaps ironed out where possible so we can have large turnout at all of the shows!!
wink.gif

I think my 'grooming shirt' is camera shy....flash scares it.....
Oh no, I will get a picture of it!!!!
new_shocked.gif

Latest posts

Back