Smart Cart arrived

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Minimor

Reaction score
Our Smart Cart arrived today. :aktion033: That's fast--it was just 3 weeks ago tomorrow when my deposit cheque cleared my bank account. I was surprised when they called the middle of last week to say they were packing our cart. They did know prior to receiving our cheque that our order was coming, but I don't think they started working on it until the money got to them. So, that's pretty quick, & I'm impressed with that.

I am a little disappointed in how much I got charged for shipping. I'd gotten a quote from the dealer from one trucking company that he used, and it was pretty reasonable. When Pacific called last week they were checking with 2 other shippers, & I told them to call this particular one. Obviously they didn't. They used a different one, and the shipping charges are 3x the amount quoted by the company I asked for. Oh well, not much I can do about it now.

The cart is here, though still in its packing boxes tonight. By the weekend I'll have to get it all put together & make sure we like it. What's the chances that we'll really hate it, and want to send it back?? :new_shocked:

hope you like your new cart as much as i love my Frontier. hubby said he ordered it on a wednesday. he was told since it was before noon, it would ship the same day. it was here THE VERY NEXT DAY! of course, it only had to travel from indiana to illinois but still, great service and shipping was minimal.
default_smile.png

Man, don't you hate those shipping charges?? I have gotten so tired of freight companies charging you literally three times what you are quoted, it's just ridiculous.
default_frusty.gif
: I sure hope you enjoy the cart now that you've gone through the expense of getting it! Please let us know, and post pictures when you get it hitched to a horse.

Leia

I'm pea green with envy at your purchase!!!! What size mini(s) will you be using it for?? I can't think of any reason to not purchase one except that I would have to move out my two wooden carts first to create the capitol to purchase the Smart Cart.

And yes, photos and the scoop on how easy it is too assemble!

I'm hoping it's not too hard to put together. The pieces--the few I pulled out of the box--seemed very heavy so I hope when it's all put together the little horses can pull it....and then get it stopped once it's moving! I'm sure the bigger ones will be fine with it--we'll mostly be driving our 36" and 37" horses on it. Scooter, our little Appy, is a rather slight 33.75" and I'm not sure it will be the cart for him, even though the cart is supposed to be for Minis as small as 31".

Ah hah, I have the same type combo that you have- a TB style 32" guy and a husky 35" guy. My smallest one pulls his wooden cart with ease but I sure would like to have one cart to fit both guys to simplify life. I'll have to check the weight on the Pacific and compare it to what I already have which I think weighs in at about 120#.

Good luck putting it together!

My 33" guy pulls my Smart Cart just fine, but I have to say I do worry about the weight of it. I think as long as I just stick to the rail trails which are nice and level I will be fine, and I sure do love all that leg room!

Have fun putting it together, it did take me a long time to do it!

ooh - so jealous --- we need pictures!! Hurry up and assemble it pretty please.

JJay :lol:

YAY! I think you will love your Smart Cart. It is not so adjustable that you will want to continually make changes between your two horses. I see the adjustments as being more a way to really "customize" the fit between horse and cart, then you would leave it.

My mare has no trouble with the Smart Cart, but she is a pretty stout girl. She is 36.25" and not petitely built.

Good luck and have fun!

Well, it's all put together. And yes, it did take me a little while to get it together--fewer pieces to this one, but I think the CTM EE cart was much easier to put together. These channels & plate things on this one were a little hard to get on to.

I can see too where we aren't going to want to adjust this one too often for the different sized horses. I think we'll keep this one for the bigger horses--most of ours are in the 36-37.5" range so I hope that we can use it on several of them without having to adjust it too much--then our 34" & under ones can be driven on the CTM cart. It works for the taller ones as well, as we got the 54" shafts for it.

I have to say, I absolutely love the seat on this Smart Cart. It's just a nice size, especially the depth of it. If the EE carts all had seats of that size, and a slightly bigger basket for more leg room, they'd be a lot better. I'm not a big person but I feel like I'm kind of perching & bracing on the seat of the EE cart.

Snort. Someone told me awhile back that the seat on the Smart Cart would be exactly the same as the seat on the easy entry carts, no better at all; I didn't figure that was true--this person was being very negative about the Smart Carts--and so I'm happy to have that person proven wrong!

Now I need to get out there & drive. Sadly we're in the middle of some serious fencing just now and it's going to be almost another week before we get that all done & I can get back to working horses. I'm anxious to try this cart, but in the meantime I guess I can just admire how sharp it looks!!

Back