Smallest Mini

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Horse Feathers

Reaction score
What is the smallest correct adult mini you have ever seen in person or else where?

For me its 26.5 inches stud, he is not mine. I saw this horse on line.

Last edited by a moderator:
I own the smallest correct adult mini horse that I have ever seen. I am sure there may be others that are smaller, but he is the smallest I personally have seen. His name is Horses Ltd David and he has been shown and officially measured at 26 1/2. He is correct good bite, straight legs no dwarfy characteristics. He has a proportional size head and length of leg. We will have his first foals next spring. Can't wait to see them.

david081708c.jpg

K9mini2 I have to admit I was skeptical when I read your post as frankly many of the small minis i have seen (under 28) just dont do it for me conformationally no matter what they have won
default_wink.png
but I have to say your little guy is surely rather correct for such a tiny one!

Will know more next year with this little guy when he has some foals on the ground.

I just think my little guy who is 27.75" is the smallest Mini, WE have seen.

Born 16.50" & tested for Tobiano: Homozygous Positive

Rowdybaby.jpg

2 years old.

Rowdyruns-1.jpg

Now 3 years old, being used for breeding this year.

Rowdy-2.gif

K9mini2 I have to admit I was skeptical when I read your post as frankly many of the small minis i have seen (under 28) just dont do it for me conformationally no matter what they have won
default_wink.png
but I have to say your little guy is surely rather correct for such a tiny one!

Thank You Lisa, I am very proud of him. Hope he makes us proud next spring!
default_laugh.png

I have never seen her in person but I think Parmela's RAVEN is the NICEST conformed little gal!! With her show record to prove it
default_wub.png
default_wub.png
default_wub.png

I have never seen her in person but I think Parmela's RAVEN is the NICEST conformed little gal!! With her show record to prove it
default_wub.png
default_wub.png
default_wub.png

Wow! Well, thank you very much! Raven is very special for sure, but I can find faults in her as with any horse. Although not too bad, I wish she had a shorter back. She is with Ed Sisk again this year (3rd year with Ed) and will be shown in Sr. Mares 28" and Under at both AMHR and AMHA nationals.

Although I've never seen her in person, Hunt House Farms Teenie (something - can't remember the rest), owned by Getitia is a very well conformed and tiny mare. With many, many world championships to prove it, in a variety of classes I believe.

Many of the folks in Area III have seen our little guy Boss. He is 4 and the tallest he has ever measured (while acting like a hopped up stallion during measurement, ARGHHH!) was 27". Usually he measures in the 26" range. He is double registered and we do a lot of parades and public service stuff with him. He loves attention!!

CIMG10092.jpg

He is also pictured with Gary in our avatar.

Ruth

My smallest isn't even close to the smallest "Nice" Minis I've seen. She is my 27.75" mare "Sweetie". She was only 26" at 3 years old when I got her, but continued to grow & "fill out" until she reached her current height.

SweetieNew4.jpg

I've seen some really nice TINY stallions. One that comes to mind is Charlotte Lupton's "Cowboy" who is around 25".

I'm sure Tony has some really tiny ones as well.

I own a 26.5" pure black mare. She is 10 years old and total sweetie
default_wub.png

2357968650105259244FlCjxc_th.jpg

Last edited:
Here is our tiny stallion Myster Spectacular. I think he is very well put together. He is 27.5" and four years old this year.

Myster0068_T.jpg

I have seen a couple I have liked that are tiny...one that comes to mind is a horse I believe is named Calvin that has been posted here on the forum but I dont know how tall he is. We also have a 26.5" yearling colt that is pretty well done growing by his leg measurements but we will have to see how big he really gets, but he has very straight legs and is very well proportioned with a nice head and neck. This picture is straight out of pasture after winter and I clipped him real quick so no conditioning and my horrible photography skills
default_laugh.png

Junior003.jpg

I have seen a couple I have liked that are tiny...one that comes to mind is a horse I believe is named Calvin that has been posted here on the forum but I dont know how tall he is.

Calvin is certainly one of the nicest horses around - period. I haven't asked Brenda lately, but I'm thinking he's going to mature over 28" but I may be wrong. Maybe Brenda will come on and tell us.

Well....a little bragging here.
default_biggrin.png
Up until Saturday, I owned a VERY correct 25.5" stallion that was bred at Bear Farms. I just sold him at Lolli Bros. I've shown him, and he was qualified for AMHR Nat. He throws VERY tiny, correct babies too. I'll see if I can add a pic.

Well, don't seem to be able to upload a pic - you'll just have to believe me!
default_laugh.png

I have a 27" 1 1/2 old filly, that I believe is done growing..but you never know
default_unsure.png
I believe she is very well put together! & can move to boot... hopefully she will start to be shown next year.

Here's our girl Horseshues Laced In Licorice, black sabino overo mare.

Lacie10_08b.jpg

Lacie10_08c.jpg

Many of the folks in Area III have seen our little guy Boss. He is 4 and the tallest he has ever measured (while acting like a hopped up stallion during measurement, ARGHHH!) was 27". Usually he measures in the 26" range. He is double registered and we do a lot of parades and public service stuff with him. He loves attention!!
CIMG10092.jpg

He is also pictured with Gary in our avatar.

Ruth
My boy is from your boy Boss's sire "Kidd". I must say Boss is one good looking mini! Thanks for posting his picture again. I enjoy looking at him. FLFlyingW

What is the smallest correct adult mini you have ever seen in person or else where?For me its 26.5 inches stud, he is not mine. I saw this horse on line.
Here is a picture of my little Zach, 27 1/4 inches, he is 2 yrs. old, and tested a maximum white Sabino. He is quite the guy too!

Zach_2.jpg

Latest posts

Back